Seven

"Mingyu, I need to get home before five, Mum would beat the shit out of me if she finds out I snuck out." Wonwoo pleads, while Mingyu's busy crouching on the pavement and petting a stray puppy who'd licked the latter's ankle a few minutes ago.

Dusting his hands off on his jeans, Mingyu hums, pulling out hand sanitiser and squeezing a generous amount on his palm, before aggressively rubbing it with the other, only to sneeze into them a second later.

Wonwoo chortles as Mingyu repeats his previous actions again after sneezing a few more times. He slowly starts getting restless once he takes a look at the time on his phone once again. They've been out for over two hours, and their houses are at least thirty minutes away. "Are you done? Or are you making sure I don't get to see the light of day later?" Wonwoo deadpans, yet a desperate expression on his face which Mingyu finds quite cute.

"Yeah, I'm done, let's go."

"Fucking finally."

Mingyu side-eyes Wonwoo as he settles himself on his motorcycle, "Or I could just leave you here..."

"You won't."

"I won't, hop on." Mingyu says with a chuckle.

Five minutes into the ride, Wonwoo begins shuddering like a wet cat out of water. Mingyu feels him struggling with the cold breeze against his back, and suggests Wonwoo hold on to him. "You'll feel warmer, trust me." Wonwoo complies with a tiny 'okay', and wraps his arms around Mingyu's waist, as his body fills with warmth just like the latter had promised.

"Mmm, this does feel better." Wonwoo speaks with his head resting against Mingyu's back. Unconsciously, a smile makes its way to Wonwoo's lips.

The rest of the way back to their houses goes by silently, with Wonwoo nearly falling asleep with how comfortable Mingyu's back was.

When they reach Wonwoo's house, the duo knows they're in trouble, big time.

The original plan was to stop his motorcycle right below Wonwoo's window, like he'd done earlier, but Mingyu now finds himself staring at the closed window to Wonwoo's room in horror. Wonwoo looks like he's seen a ghost, eyes wide, and Mingyu could literally see the gears turning vigorously in his brain to find an alternative to enter his house.

As a last resort, with no other safe option available, Wonwoo takes the risk of using the main door, hoping that his mum would want to sleep a bit more this morning. He considers himself lucky to have his set of the house keys in the pocket of his jacket, as he silently pulls them out and inserts the correct key into the keyhole. His jacket may not have done the best job at protecting him from the cold, but it might end up saving him from a beating.

Mingyu watches all of Wonwoo's actions keenly, in hopes that he might be of some help to the latter. After all, he was the reason Wonwoo snuck out.

A figure passes by inside the textured glass pane beside the main door, making Wonwoo instinctively duck beneath it. "Shit, shit, shit," he mutters to himself, throwing a mad glance at Mingyu sheepishly observing him from behind.

Before he can twist the key, the door swings open, and Wonwoo and Mingyu look like deer caught in headlights. Mrs. Jeon stands sternly with her arms crossed over her chest, staring both of them down.

"Welcome back, Jeon Wonwoo." His full name was just used; Wonwoo knows he's fucked.