Eight

Wonwoo remains frozen in front of his mum, as he feels Mingyu walking up behind him. Why he's pulling such a shit move, Wonwoo doesn't know, nor does he give a fuck.

"Where were you when you're supposed to be sleeping like a normal human being?" His mum questions strictly, making Wonwoo shrink even more; his mum's never been this stern about anything earlier, being quite lenient compared to other parents. Furiously trying to think of a plausible excuse, Wonwoo racks his brain. "I uh- I couldn't sleep, actually."

"So you choose to sneak out, hoping you would magically fall asleep?" She shoots back.

"I was bored because I couldn't sleep."

"Then who's he?" She gestures behind Wonwoo, where a slightly amused Mingyu observes the whole interaction. Wonwoo really wants to slap him, hard, although he regrets following the latter anyway.

Before Wonwoo could reply, more like lie again, Mingyu beats him to it. "I'm his friend, ma'am. My name's Mingyu." He bows respectfully, secretly hoping she softens at him being polite. Then again, that's the bare minimum he could do, considering she's older to him, plus he's the reason why Wonwoo chose to sneak out in the first place.

Completely ignoring Wonwoo in front of her, Mrs. Jeon turns her attention towards Mingyu. "Are your parents aware of this business of yours?" That puts said boy in a tight space. His parents, in fact, didn't know. 

"Uh, no ma'am."

"What goes on in your boys' heads when you pull such stunts? That too during the school week?" Mrs. Jeon sighs, dumfounded at the boys' stupidity. 

Wonwoo decides he should intervene here. "Mum, let him go, I bet his parents are worried as fuck-"

"Watch your words, young man."

"Sorry," Wonwoo whimpers weakly, glaring at Mingyu to leave, fucking leave from Mrs. Jeon's sight.

"I'll be going now, ma'am, I'm sorry." Mingyu says, bows, and turns on the pavement beneath him. That makes Mrs. Jeon question Wonwoo once again. "That's a dead-end, Wonwoo, I'm sure he can see?"

"His bike's parked near my room."

"Oh?" Shit, Wonwoo shouldn't have said anything. "You're sure you're not dating or something?"

"MUM NO! He just happened to find my room, instead of the main door."

"I don't believe you right now, but whatever. Hurry your ass, you'll get late for school."

"So, you're leaving me just like that..?" Wonwoo can't believe his mum's words. "No, we'll talk after you're back."

All hopes leave the moment she says that, and Wonwoo dejectedly moves to the stairway to his room. His mum's voice stops him briefly on his way upstairs. "Oh, and Wonwoo? Leave your phone with me before you leave, okay?" That utterly sweet voice holds a thousand threats, which makes Wonwoo groan in annoyance.

Mingyu's going to have it once he goes to school.

---

Short update, sorry :(