Nine

The moment Wonwoo's eyes land on Kim Mingyu sitting all pretty and innocently at his usual place - right beside Wonwoo's - he dashes in his direction. Mingyu clearly doesn't expect the sudden attack when Wonwoo lands a resonating slap to the back of his head. Wonwoo would have loved to continue, only if his dumbass of a friend didn't send the most adorable puppy eyes his way, all topped off with a cute pout and wince.

Mingyu's next words really make Wonwoo want to hit him once more. Just once. "What the fuck Wonwoo?!" Mingyu hisses, and Wonwoo doesn't let the eyes and lips hold him back. Another slap, and Wonwoo annoyedly throws his backpack down on the floor, slumping into his chair right after.

"The fuck did I do for you to greet me so warmly this morning, Wonwoo?" Wonwoo really wonders whether Mingyu's actually this slow at times, making him recall the latter's first day at school - americano fiasco and all.

"I'm fucked once I go back home, asshole, plus my dad's coming back tonight. It's all your fault!" Wonwoo exclaims, as Mingyu's perfect brows furrow in confusion. "Your dad coming home... is my fault..?"

"NO YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE, MY MUM'S LIVID I SNUCK OUT. THAT'S WHAT I MEANT, AND MY DAD'S GONNA BE EVEN MORE PISSED WHEN HE FINDS OUT!" That gathers a lot of attention their way, and a few snickers too. The class probably speculates them definitely being together, especially after several teachers having to shut the duo up for interrupting the classes.

"Oh."

"OH? OH? THAT'S ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY, WHEN IT'S CLEARLY YOUR FAULT?!"

"I mean, you didn't have to listen to me," Mingyu shrugs, though there's an amused smirk playing on his lips - which Wonwoo wants to kiss, no, slap away. 

"You're right actually, for once." Wonwoo sighs, loudly dropping his head onto the desk. "I'm so fucked."

There's a type of silence which Wonwoo can't really place. It definitely wasn't awkward, but it was quite suspicious, in a way. When he lifts his head, he does catch what the fuck that was. Mingyu's peering at his eyes, his head bent all the way until him and Wonwoo are looking eye-to-eye. Weirdly enough, Wonwoo doesn't find himself avoiding Mingyu's gaze.

A threatening bang on the teacher's table at the very front of the classroom disrupts their little staring contest. Would it even be called that? When Wonwoo clearly saw stars in Mingyu's eyes, or maybe it was just the sun shining a bit too bright this day. "Yeah, that's probably it." Wonwoo decides.

"Yet again, Mister Kim and Mister Jeon, are you done with your very serious staring contest? Can we start the class please?" The history teacher, absolutely done with their shit, demands. The heads in the classroom turn their way, once again, much to Wonwoo's annoyance, as he nods at the teacher.

"Sorry," Mingyu squeaks, all red in the face and grinning. The teacher sighs deeply, turning to the presentation shining on the screen.

Wonwoo doesn't pay attention to his classes that day. Not that he's really serious anyways, but today was a bit too confusing for Wonwoo. "What just happened before the first class?" Wonwoo constantly wonders, while it seems it didn't affect Mingyu in any way; he went about his day normally.

Well, until the final ring of the bell opened the gates of hell for students to escape. Mingyu, as usual, was busy dumping a few books in his locker, which he wouldn't need during the weekend, when he finds a neatly folded piece of paper at the very back of his locker - buried under several of his tests and assignment papers. "Has that always been there?" He wonders, as he curiously unfolds and skims across the text... Which is definitely Wonwoo's handwriting.

His eyes widen by the time he finishes reading all of it. A confession? From Wonwoo? And that too for Mingyu? Mingyu finds it too good to be true. It couldn't be, could it? Wonwoo returning the feelings Mingyu holds for him?

True or not, it significantly lifts Mingyu's mood, although it had never been off in the first place.

When he sees Wonwoo walking up to him like everyday, Mingyu couldn't hold his excitement in anymore. He grins brightly, to which Wonwoo's face contorts in confusion. "What's he so happy about?"

"Wonwoo really? Oh my God, I never thought I'd get to see this ever!"

"See what?"

Mingyu waves the sheet in front of Wonwoo's face - which drains all colour. "Mingyu, where'd you find this?" Wonwoo seems borderline angry, but he's more embarrassed, Mingyu observes.

"It was in my locker." Mingyu shrugs. Wonwoo whines loudly, his face involuntarily sinking in his palms. "Fuck me..." He mutters weakly.

"What's your locker number Mingyu?"

"Three-zero-two."

Wonwoo moans in embarrassment, and he runs out of the building right after; obviously bumping into at least seven students on his way, leaving a dumbfounded Mingyu hanging by his open locker.