Eleven

Wonwoo nervously paces around outside the cafe, as he waits for Mingyu to show up. To be honest, Wonwoo would have rather stayed at home, he really isn't ready to face Mingyu yet. Then again, he was the one who sent the lame excuse of an apology over text, so here he is, still debating whether he should run back to his house.

His conflict comes to a halt soon after, when Mingyu shows up in all his glory, decked in clothes which are pretty ordinary, yet Wonwoo can't fathom how fucking attractive he looks right now.

It's nothing special, just a navy blue sweater and black pants, but Mingyu seems to pull it off so well. Colour drains from Wonwoo's face - at the thought of confronting the boy, when he looks good enough to eat at the moment.

"Hi Wonwoo," Greets Mingyu, sounding a bit closed off than usual, which punches Wonwoo right in the gut. "Hi." He manages to squeak. Relief washes over him, when Mingyu chuckles lightly at his response, as he holds the door open for Wonwoo to step in before him.

The woman across the counter visibly raises an eyebrow when she spots Mingyu enter. Wonwoo recalls her being the same woman from the last time he'd been here, when Mingyu pulled the stupid joke. Mingyu orders, after asking Wonwoo what he would like, with the latter denying anything particular. "Anything's fine." His stomach coils.

Once they're sat at a table, with two boba teas in front of them, Wonwoo, yet again, wants to run away. The way Mingyu eyes him makes him uneasy.

"So-"

"I'm so fucking sorry." Interrupts Wonwoo. He wants to properly get it off his chest.

"Ah no, it's fine, I can understand your reaction, actually."

"What the fuck?" Wonwoo's jaw hangs open. All that turmoil, just for Mingyu to respond this way? Wonwoo fights the urge to laugh at himself, but he settles with taking a sip of his Ube flavoured boba instead. It tastes really good.

"Who was that for though?" Mingyu asks after a few moments of Wonwoo purposely slurping on his drink loudly. It takes him a moment to realise what Mingyu meant.

"Oh, uh, it was for Seungcheol,"

"Choi Seungcheol?"

"Yeah him."

"He's taken though?"

"What?"

"You didn't know?"

Wonwoo shakes his head, eyes wide, as he tries to take the fact in. Seungcheol was dating someone? Well, it made sense, considering he's the coolest guy to ever walk in their school. Wonwoo looks out of it for a while, which makes Mingyu laugh. "What?" Wonwoo frowns at him.

"That's such a you thing to do."

"What do you mean?" Wonwoo knows exactly what Mingyu meant.

Mingyu laughs louder, high-pitched squeaks leaving his lips. "I love how you're so used to this."

Wonwoo smiles, dumbfounded at Mingyu's reaction. He wasn't wrong though - the number of times Wonwoo has made a fool of himself has practically made him immune to any kind of embarrassment. 

The mood brightens soon after, with the duo conversing like they usually do.

"What about your parents, Mingyu? Did they find out?" Wonwoo asks, referring to their little getaway on Friday.

"No, thankfully. I'm so fucking glad they were still asleep when I got back."

"My mum didn't care, lol." That makes Mingyu squint in disbelief.

"Did you just fucking say 'lol' out loud?"

Wonwoo blushes and looks down at his lap. "Yes. That was really dumb."

"It was,"

"I'd feel so bad if you actually got into trouble with your parents, though."

"It would've been worth it," Mingyu smiles cheekily at the boy sitting across him, who blushes furiously and clears his throat, having developed a sudden interest in the cars zooming past on the street.

Mingyu giggles, muttering a silent "You're so cute," secretly hoping Wonwoo hears it.