Five

Wonwoo's phone blares with Mingyu's annoyingly cute voice, squeaking random aegyo through Wonwoo's pillow. Hoping Mingyu halts his attempt to break Wonwoo out of his slumber, Wonwoo turns on silent mode on his phone and slumps back into his fluffy comforter.

Five seconds later, the same ringtone buzzes through his pillow, sending waves of disturbance in Wonwoo's head. Angrily snapping out of his bed, Wonwoo presses the round green icon on his screen and grunts into the phone. "What do you want Mingyu, it's two in the fucking morning." He grumbles, as he only hears Mingyu's giggles over the phone. "And why the fuck is this my ringtone for you? Did you change it?"

"I did. Good Morning Wonu," Wonwoo moves away from Mingyu's voice, a bit too loud for his taste at the moment.

"Let me sleep, call me after noon, and we'll call it good. Now shut the fuck up and go to sleep!"

"No."

"No?"

"I tried sleeping, I can't. I had like four cups of coffee last night, I think that might be the reason."

"Good for you, but let me sleep. Bye Mingyu."

"NO WAIT!"

Wonwoo grumbles audibly at Mingyu's persistence at not letting him sleep, and eventually waits until Mingyu can hit him with an acceptable reason for disturbing him in ungodly hours of the night.

Wonwoo only hears Mingyu's breaths on the other end for a while, just about to end the call, when Mingyu shrieks again.

"Do you wanna sneak out? My cousin has a twenty-four hour ice cream parlour nearby. Let's go get ice cream."

Wonwoo thinks over it for a few moments. Ice cream seemed like a worthy reason to be woken up early in the morning.

"Fine," Wonwoo rustles out of his sheets, slipping his sliders on and moving to the washroom to splash his face with cold water, "this better be good Mingyu,"

"Trust me. I'm right outside your window actually, so better come out from there."

"YOU'RE WHAT-" Realisation dawns upon him that his parents are in the house right now, causing Wonwoo to slap a palm over his mouth. He grits to Mingyu "What the fuck are you doing outside my house you twerp?"

"As I said, I couldn't sleep, and I was bored."

Heaving a frustrated sigh, Wonwoo throws on the closest T-shirt and pants, finally ending the call. He grabs a thick jacket and prepares himself to jump out of his window, against the chilly night, or morning, air. He peeks down and sees Mingyu with the widest grin staring up at him. "Jump!" He whisper-yells.

"What if I fall?"

"I mean that's the whole fucking point Wonwoo, but no, I assure you you won't get hurt. I'll catch you just in case you do actually fall the wrong way."

"I'm counting on you, you little hoe."

"I'm not a hoe- HOLY SHIT!" Mingyu feels Wonwoo diving straight at where he stands, as he hastily flails his arms to catch the latter like he promised. He succeeds, somehow, while Wonwoo's busy wiggling his way out of Mingyu's grip.

"I would've beat your ass if you didn't catch me, and I ended up getting hurt."

"You know you'd love to." Mingyu sends a wink in Wonwoo's way, catching him off-guard. Mingyu purposely revs his motorcycle parked beside him to get Wonwoo's attention. "Let's go."

Wonwoo mindlessly settles himself behind Mingyu, as Mingyu begins driving along the road to wherever he planned to go.

"What was that attempt at flirting a while ago, Mingyu? Do you have a crush on me or something?" Wonwoo finds himself asking. Mingyu just shrugs, responding with a vague "Maybe, I don't know." and continues on his way.

Wonwoo doesn't know how to react to that, so he goes with awkward chuckle, keeping silent for the rest of the ride.