Prologue

It all started when I was young. My older sisters always gave me a hard time because I looked so different from them. My hair is auburn not black. My eyes are blue not brown.
But my birthday changed everything for the worse.

I look at myself in the mirror. Not a single strand of hair out of place. My completion is flawless today. I let out a deep sigh "it's going well so far." I tell myself, "so just keep away from Kenna and Joy." I close my eyes and count to ten. Before I even open my eyes I can feel Kenna's eyes on my back. Daring me to move and make a mistake. I know she is standing in the doorway waiting to pounce.

"Morning Kenna." I say as cheerily as I can manage. My heart starts to race as I open my eyes.

"You sound like a frog. What sort of toad was it? Or did you pick it up and shove it down your throat. Your stupid enough to do that ya know."

"Thanks for the reminder." I mutter under my breath. "Toads and frogs aren't the same thing Kenna." I say sweetly. But you sure look like a toad. I think to myself.

"Your such a smug little bitch aren't you?" Joy asks walking into my room passed Kenna.

"Lay off her girls." My older brother Keith says walking in.

"I haven't invited any one into my room," I sigh.

"I know." Keith says with a sigh, "mom told me to come get you three. Breakfast is ready."

"What is it?" Joy asks. A greed in her eyes shines thru her mask of fake kindness.

"You'll have to find out." Keith says calmly.

Kenna and Joy take off down the stairs, which leaves Keith and I alone.

"Common birthday girl," Keith jokes. He lifts me up and throws me over his shoulder, " time for breakfast.

"I'm turning ten, Keith. Put me down!" I giggle as he runs down the hallway to the stairs and puts me down. He crouches in front of me.

"I'll be right back okay? I just need to get your present." He smiles and then stands up again.

"Okay." I say smiling. I turn and walk few feet to the top of the stairs. There is a small ledge for you to stand on if you want to open the windows, but it is a strait drop to the basement from there.
I see a flutter of our satin drapes and slide over the slender pathway. There is hardly enough room to walk let alone run. So I face the wall and shimmy across to the drapes.

I reach out to touch one when I feel a strong force push against my shoulder, and another against my hip. Both feel like someone just tore me apart. I look down and see two sharp metal blades protruding from my body. Attached to those blades, Kenna and Joy. I knew they didn't like me but...murder?

They push my feet off of the ledge and let go of the knives, letting me fall. "Get out of our home you wicked little bitch" Kenna hisses

I scream as I grasp at thin air, let me grab something, I don't want to die. Blood drips from my shoulder as I fall, and then, black.