Chapter 4

I sit in Ms.Hearts office and stare out the window for the third time today. Ms.Heart lectured me about respect, responsibility and blah blah blah blah blah. I turn my head to look at the clock on the wall. 3:17. One more minute.

I hear Ms.Heart rambling on and on that has become a constant drone in the background. "Ms.Aven are you listening?" I hear Ms.Heart say. Now, I can't promise I went kicking and screaming. But it took threatening expulsion before I would budge from that library.

I look up and over at Ms.Heart who is sitting with a scowl. "Of corse I am. Why would I not hate to listen to you lecturing me about respect and responsibility?" I ask as deadpan as I can. I roll my eyes 'not like you do this everyday or anything.' I mutter under my breath.

"Don't get all lipy with me Kimberly." Ms.Heart snaps. She has the threat of a sudden rage appear under her normally cheerie voice.

"I was merely," I stumble to find my way words. Ms.Heart has always been good at finding liars my the way they speak and sit.

"You've always been a good liar, a great liar rather, however I can tell when you were trying to cover up an insult because your so quick to backtrack." Ms.Heart says as a flair of disgust appears in her features.

"I of course Feel pity for you for this fact. Because you always know when people don't like you. For this fact you must know that everyone who has ever met you believes you are a deplorable person, which is why your husband divorced you and your children don't talk to you. Now..." The bell rang and I felt myself relax. "See you tomorrow Ms.Heart." I say pleasantly. "Have a brilliant evening and don't let the fact that you're a horrible person get you down." I pick my things up and turn towards the door as I catch a glance at Ms.Hearts shock. The very clear expression that plays on her face brings me a sharp pleasant, small victory.

I open her office door that leads outside to the side street and step out. I sigh as the door swings shut. I smile and start down the street. I listen to the chirp of the sweet little song birds and follow the shadow of the school. I sigh happily as the wind washes around me pulling me with it, pulling me back home.

I hear a soft whistle and feel the wind pick up pace, urging me to pick up my own pace. I let my feet pick up speed the more the wind howls.

I let my pace quicken till I'm running down the street. My feet fly over the side walk and over the bridge. I close my eyes and i know I'm almost over the bridge. I feel my heart fly, and then something hit my side. I let out a strangled scream as I fly sideways. I feel my head hit the side of the bridge and a hand clamp down over my mouth. I kick and scream attempting to break free from the grasp of the hand. What...just happened?

"She's not letting up." A mans voice rumbles. He speaks from behind me, so he must be the hand clamped on my jaw. Holy shit, holy shit heeeeelp! That tiny voice screams inside.

"Well then try and keep her there or make her stay there. The king never told us she had to be back alive." A woman's voice said, sending a sharp chill down my spine. King? What king? What does she mean, bring me back alive? Why would I be dead? Are they talking about me?

Adrenaline floods my body, pumping through my veins making me scream louder and kick harder. I feel my heart as it shudders in my chest. "Let me go!" I shout into the mans hand. I think my heart is about to burst. Tears flood down my cheeks as the fear starts to set in.

"Keep her quiet Damien." The woman snaps.

"What do you think I'm trying todo Cheyenne?" The man called Damien snapped at the woman. I bite down on his finger forcing him to pull his hand away. "You little bitch!" He shouts at me.

I kick him in the shins and twist in his grasp. I feel his grip start to slack as I kick his shins and step on his feet a few times before yanking myself forward. He takes something cold and smooth and presses it hard against me.

"Your a feisty little one aren't you?" Cheyenne asks a smile plays on her lips as she grabs me from Damien and pulls me over the side of the bridge holding me up over the water. A strangled scream escapes my lips as I stay dangled over the water. The smooth cold object still slinging to my skin.

"Let her go Cheyenne. Don't you think you've traumatized her enough for one night?" Alexander says from behind Cheyenne. Wait...WHAT?! What the actual hell is going on?

"Alexander, come on I'm just having fun." Cheyenne whined. She pulls me back in and sets me down on the cement. She pulls her hand away from my neck and let go of my wrists. I feel Damien's hands wrap around my wrists almost immediately after.

I hear a soft whimper slip out from between my lips as he twists them. "Now, now Damien play nice." Alexander scolds as he kicks Damien in the side, sending Damien flailing backwards. How does Alexander know these people? And why do they want me? I feel Damien's hands let go of my wrists and I sprint to the middle of the bridge, away from the crazy three people threatening to drop each other over the edge.

Damien curses at Alexander who is now holding him over the side of the bridge. "Would you like to go for a swim?" Alexander asks coldly as he releases Damien. Alexander then turns to Cheyenne who is already moving towards him. Alexander crouches and Cheyennes slender body lunges at Alexander, she twists her hips and shoulders in a way I didn't think anything could move that way to begin with.

Alexander grabs her waist and hurls her over the edge of the bridge. He pants as Cheyenne screams, falling down the side of the bridge. "What do you say we go and I can explain what just happened."

Nope that little voice screams. But I can't help it. "Sure," I say breathlessly. He starts to walk away, leaving me there stunned.

"Coming?" He calls back.

"Sure, I mean, yeah." I stumble with my words as I run to catch up with him. "What...who are they?"

"How about you get home and sit down so if you faint you won't die?"

"Yeah that makes sense," I mumble. Sure. Why not. Just let some random dude who you met today come home. Why the hell not.