Chapter1

I walk to school half asleep. I'd already walked into the front door of my house and almost seconds after that, I was almost hit by a semi, thank god he had such good reflexes, or I would have been a pancake. Thank goodness it only takes three minutes to get to school.

As I pass the bridge I feel eyes on me. I turn around, I see a rustle of the bushes and hear a rock dislodge from behind me. I whip around and around in circles looking for the source of the noise, but nothing is there. That's when I feel the wind rush across my back ruffling my hair. I swallow, knowing that today, the wind is silent.

My heart beats rapidly and my breathing speeds up. I turn back around and pick up my pace. Almost at school, just a few more seconds. It's right there you can see it.

My jaw chatters as I pick up my pace. As I feel chilled by the thought that someone is watching me. A chill makes me jump, while the deserted street becomes more eerie as I move. I hear a soft crunch and run. I stop caring. I throw the doors to my high school open and let the crowd swallow me.

I need to get my bearings about me. I walk down the hall and turn left, the door to the chemistry lab rested open. I peak inside to check if there is anyone there. Empty, yes! I sigh in relief and dart inside.

I shut the door and throw my things down on the ground beside me. I burry my head in my hands. I sigh and let out a shaky breath.

There's a soft knock at the door "Kimber?" A soft voice calls from the other side, "what are you doing? Are you alright?"

"I'm fine Ms.Heart." I say struggling to keep my voice level. "thank you."

"I'm coming in, okay?" She says gently. Ms.Heart is our school therapist. More than one person has refereed me to her. I had fallen into a deep depression last year when my mother and father were in a fatal car crash, if you can call it that. It looked more like a murder sight though if I'm being honest.

They were t-boned by a drunk driver who blew through a red light. The wreckage destroyed the side of my mothers head, killing her upon impact. My father however had his spine snapped killing him seconds later.

"Kimberly, let me in." She said again. she banged her hand on the door and I sighed. Now, I can't say I over like Ms.Heart. I like her better than some others in this school, but that's not saying much. If you breath wrong she'll know and say it's a sign of split personality disorder or ADHD. She's a nightmare. She knows everything about everyone and has no problem sharing said information to get you to listen to her.

"Sorry, zoned out." I mutter. Standing up and opening the door. "I have to get to class Ms.Heart, I'll see you this afternoon." I pick my things up off the ground and hurry past her.

"Kimberly," she says gently, I stop and turn around, "I would like to see you in my office...NOW."

"But Ms.Heart I have,"

"No ifs ands or buts, lets go. I'll be there in a moment I need to go fetch Alexander. I have an appointment with him as well." She turns and starts down the hallway, "if you don't show up I'm going to page you. You know as well as I do how that went last time." She calls back over her shoulder.

I sigh, "why does this always happen to me?" I shake my head.

"Yah. she paged me down yesterday, now I'm the laughing stalk of the class." A boy says from beside me.

I jump and look back at him. A small strangled scream slips from my lips. He has a cut trailing from his earlobe to the base of his neck. I don't remember seeing him here...ever. Now I should mention...I notice everyone...wait...I know him from somewhere.

"Sorry I don't think I've introduced myself to you yet. Alexander Shélon." he extends his hand.

"You, you're the boy in my calculus class. You just moved here didn't you?" I ask

"Something like that." He smiles a smile that makes my stomach uneasy.

"Fabulous." I mumble, "freaking fabulous." A crazy guy decides to talk to me of all people. Why...me.