Chapter 14

"But that's all Alexander told me." I finish. Eric looks at me and nods, deciding to trust me I suppose.

"Thank you. I just didn't want to repeat any truths." He says standing.

"What?" I feel my world crash. Was I brought under false pretences? "Wait, so you lied to get me here?"

"Yes Kimberly." Avril says shortly, her right heal clicking against the ground.

"Why? You could have just told me the truth." I say flatly.

"Yes that did occur to us." Erik admits, "but we figured that if it was something you're familiar with, it would be less of a struggle."

"Lovely." I mutter. So I'm being dragged into a world I know nothing about and then I'm being lied to about it. "So was there actually anything truthful in what he told me?"

"Of corse!" Erik says sounding appalled. "However the reasons and some of the structure of our society has been lied to you about. So how about we start from the beginning?"

"That would be nice." I snap. I don't intend to be short, but I am.

"Now now, let's keep things peaceful Kimberly." Bart scolds walking into the room. He turns to Erik and bows deeply, to the point I think he's trying to smell the floor. When he rises, reverence and commitment stir in his navy irises. "Erik we have a breach in the perimeter."

"Thank you Bart." Erik says flatly, "Avril, my dear if you could finish explaining everything for me," or start it I think to myself,  "I will also send in Alexander in case you wish for him todo the explanation."

"Hurry Erik before it becomes more then just a breach." Avril snaps, her voice hard with ice.

"But of corse." He says turning on his heel and marching out the door, Bart treads on his heals.

"Now, the reason you were hidden away." Avril looks disappointedly at her hands, "the government has set out man hunts for our bloodline before," she says more to herself then to me, she looks up at me, her crystal eyes hard, "the government of Canada sent out a man hunt for you, because you have been for told of for centuries. The U.S. Government did the witch hunts in Salem to attempt to stop your rule of our kingdom, so when word caught wind of you, we hid you away so when the representatives found the castle you would be gone. If they decide to come now, well, you're powerful enough to handle yourself.
"After Alexander came back with a report of how your extraction went," she sighs, "your the only one who has fit the description of the prophecy in decades, maybe even centuries. I can see it in your eyes. Those flecks of gold that surround your iris change the colour, you must know that, but only a very powerful witch can do this. Even Erick and myself are not that strong." She smiles at my confused expression, "yes the thing about witches and wizards is true. I also would assume that you question how powerful you are, you see, your the offspring of the most powerful witches and wizards in the world.
"Witches and wizards each have a power, and that power is then fed into their child, and occasionally intensified. But in your case, both of your parents are a mix of the elements. Fire, water, earth, air. From there there's sub category's. So ice is another, so things like snow and sleet, that sort of thing."

"Okay, but what about things like clouds and lightning?" I ask feeling overly stupid.

"That is also the sub category of wether." She says, "you are the only child in history that has been able to control all of the elements and their subcategories." She nods before I can even say anything more, "your basically a goddess."

I don't know what to say. I feel like my brain should explode, but it doesn't. I'm basically a goddess, shit. "But what about life spans?" If I'm a goddess I'll be immortal. If I'm not immortal then I'm still just a girl.

"You'll live a very long life. Your not immortal, but it will take a while for anyone to kill you or for you to die of natural causes." She explains. "You are also going to find the pat your bones are like elastic. You can't break them unless you cut your limbs off. Even then all you have todo is think about moving your fingers or toes or whatever was cut off, and it will start to regrow."

"Cool." I say looking at my hands, "wait, how long is my life span?" I ask.

"You stop ageing at about twenty if that is your desired age, and from there, you will probably live another 5000 years." She says truthfully.

"Wait, so I've got 5000 years to do what I want?" I don't know why I thought I would be able to do what ever I want. Call me naïve, but I feel like I couldn't live for 5000 years and get things done. I've lived for 16 or some odd years and haven't done shit.

"No, you will serve your kingdom for 5000 years." She corrects calmly. "A princess must serve and a queen must devote."

"Sorry I...wait, did you say princess?" I don't know why only now it clicks that she's calling me a princess. I must have just let it slide earlier, or maybe no one else has been talking to me like that, but I don't let it bother me, "so your the queen and my mother?" I ask to see if I have it right.

"Yes, that is correct. And your father and the king, is Erik." She concludes.

"My gosh. So this is what it's like when you fall asleep and wake up to realize your not who you think you are." I laugh.

"I apologize for being held up Avril, I was in a meeting with the minister of defence." Alexander says bowing slightly. He looks at me reluctantly before Avril requests him to explain the structure of the society as she excuses herself.

"Why?" I snap the second the door closes, "you had a hundred different times you could have explained this to me."

"Truth be damned if I told you that and you didn't come back the king would've had my head!" He says with the ferocity of if he were shouting, but barely above a whisper.

"I don't care what you think is right! I don't care if Erik came after me and slit my throat! I would rather that then be lied to by some stuck up jackass who is worried more about his job then the people it effects! Honestly I don't know why I ever trusted you and I don't know why I still do because you are the biggest phoney I have ever met! At least I know where Cheyenne and Damien stand! Maybe it would have been better if I listened to them! And Sti," Alexander muffles Stirens name, because to be caught associating with Stiren can be punishable by death at the extreme.

"Never say his name where someone can hear you. EVER!" He lets his hand drop, and I realize just how close he is. He's less the a forearms length away, almost sharing the same air as me. He must realize it too, even if he doesn't say anything. I can see something start to stir in his irises, something smouldering and strong. "You need to rest. You shouldn't be sitting after what just happened with your arm." He says not moving.

"Yah." I agree staying in place. I make no effort to move and neither does he until the door open. And someone clears their throat. I look over and see Erik, making Alexander and I break apart from each other.

"I was just leaving." Alexander says quickly rushing past Erik.

"Wait around, I want to speak with you later," Erik calls after Alexander, "and you, Kimberly, had best watch who you are seen with."