Chapter 15

Alexander

I sit in front of the king who paces the room as he shouts at me. "I should never have left you alone with her!" He looks like he might kill me if I so much as speak. He stops pacing and turns towards me, glowering, "ALEXANDER YOU'LL RUIN HER REPUTATION! MOST PEOPLE ARE ALREADY TOUCHY ABOUT HER BEING HERE, WE DONT NEED YOU MESSING IT UP ANYMORE THEN YOU ALREADY HAVE!"

"Yes sir. I don't know...what came over me." I lie, I know exactly what was going on, and what's worse I did nothing to stop it. I am going to get her run out of the kingdom because I can't control how I feel around her. Honestly I'm in awe I can last as long as I have. Around her I can't really control what I say or do. My heart races the second she looks at me. I swallow knowing if the king decides to look in on my thoughts of his daughter, he wouldn't like me within fifty feet of her. Even if there was a brick wall with barbed wire 700 feet tall and 500 feet long.

But her eyes...those deep foamy sea green-blue eyes are hypnotic. They can trap me in their stare for longer then I care to admit. She's perfect. Right down to her smile, and perfect teeth.

"Alexander, dear, could you explain to the king how you've saved his daughter on three separate occasions not to mention the incident with the tray?" Avril asks me politely.

"All of which could have been avoided if not for his negligence." The king snaps at his wife, before immediately apologizing to her for his childish reaction.

"Alexander still saved her every time. You can't blame him for what Cheyenne and Damien have done, however." Avril persists.

"My queen, you husband is right, however disappointed I am to admit, if it had not been for my negligent security measures, none of the previous scenarios would have played out." I sigh, "at this point I am but a liability. If she, with all due respect to your highnesses, is unable to see that I can be used as a weapon against her by the people, we may be in a slight predicament."

"Alexander, we are not asking for your resignation. You still have a job to teach her." Avril says gently as the king goes back to pacing.

"I realize this. While I thank you for your leeway, I cannot intrude on your hospitality for much longer. Because I am such a serious threat to her rise to power, while you may not be calling for my resignation, I request you let me go." I wrap my fingers on the armrest, "please. I will not be able to live with myself if I ruin her chance for a successful future."

The king walks over to me and places his hand on the armrests just in front of my elbows. "Maybe you aren't so bad, however I still don't like the idea of you in the same room as her with the door closed. ESPECIALLY her room."

I sigh and look at his deep blue eyes, "are you suggesting I would do something to hurt her, or her reputation?"

"Alexander being in the same hallway as her right now, with all these rumours spreading like wild fire, is a dangerous thing." He straightens out his back and stands up, a soft smile creeps over his face, "if you hurt her in anyway at any point in time, I will cut off your hands and string your guts around the ballroom." He breaks into a large grin as he continues to think, "weather or not your alive, doesn't particularly matter to me."

I swallow, knowing that what he says is not an empty threat, "yes sir." I say meekly before he dismisses me. I scurry out of the room and into the hallway, shutting the door firmly behind me. "Gods help me." I mutter before going down to check on Kimberly.