Chapter 18

The boys crash into me for the hundredth time in the last fifteen minutes. I groan as I peel myself from Alexander who shoots me a sympathetic smile. His eyes are a painful reminder that either he hurts me by squishing me into a human pancake, or I flatten his face against an ice wall, and most likely break his nose.

"Go." The girl says. She sits on the floor, her back up against the wall. She looks like she wants to say more, but the two men run at me again. A sudden panic rushes through me, I don't want to hurt them. I throw my hands up in front of me and hear a soft splash. I squeeze my eyes shut and brace for impact. I wait a moment before opening them to see Alexander and Bart hanging in mid air, encased by a bubble of water. I laugh and look at my hands, amazing. As I stop focusing on the water some of it falls to the ground and rushes towards me. It Rams into my legs, barely feeling it like a breeze, let alone a rush of water. I wish I know what I did. Unfortunately I have no idea how I did that.

"Kimberly!" The woman shouts as the water breaks around me, leaving me dry. Maybe it won't affect me because I created it? I look over at her and laugh at the sight. She's completely and utterly soaked. Her hair plasters its self onto her skin, leaving a tree looking branch across her face. "Yes, hilarious." She smirks as the doors open, "my queen." She bows deeply, as do Alexander and Bart. I turn around and stop thinking about the water completely. The water falls loose and rushes in every direction, including the Queens.

She immediately raises her hand and breaks the loose water with a wall of fire. She corrals the water and evaporates it as the wall of flames washes over the ground. It drys Alexander, Bart and the woman in about thirty seconds as the rest of the water drys up. "I wish to speak with the princess." She says shortly looking around the room with distaste. Maybe she didn't like that I'd covered the room in ice.

"Yes my Queen. Do you wish me to wait out the door?" Alexander says quickly.

"No." Avril says shortly. She nods her head towards the door snapping at them to leave.

Once everyone is out and the doors are shut she sighs deeply, "princess you have less time then ever to master your abilities, and from the shape of this room, we have a while before that happens. So I suppose it is best that in my spare time I teach you about fire and air skill sets. Along with their sub categories and the main shape that you'll take form."

"Wait, I thought that woman was to train me." I scowl slightly, "do you not have more pressing matters?"

"Of corse I have more important things to tend to, however with your fathers murder,"

"What?!" I let my jaw drop, I thought he was going to help arrange a peace agreement. I mean, I know she said that my siblings were there but still. I don't feel anger or pain from losing him. I'm numb to that sort of thing now. And I dint really know him. I spoke to him for about 10 minutes. Max.

"Close our mouth please we are not a cod fish." She snaps. I do as I'm told and stand up straight.

"So I take it peace arrangements did not go well?"

"No." She runs her hand through her hair, "and apparently your siblings are higher in the ranks then our previous intelligence thought. I'm not sure how much weight they can pull, but regardless almost everyone of the other kingdoms already express an interest in you. Of corse now that you're in the Capitol it will be much harder for them to attempt to retrieve you. Especially with all of the protection I have put in place, still. With your father being so brutally executed for attempting to aid supposed allies, it must make one wonder."

"So they pull a hell of a lot more weight there then you supposed. But perhaps even the thought of attaining me will place a knife in their attempts at corrupting the other kingdoms and would become greedy. They would come for me themselves and in their haste," I say. I get the feeling that my siblings probably are much stronger than my mother told me.

"We have already tried to lure out your siblings with the temptation of getting you, and in the process we simply killed men and women on both sides that could have been spared. No, princess. This is the only way." She looks at me with her now old frosty looking eyes.

"And that being what?"

"That being if they attack I hope that you can handle yourself, and if you can't, having as many people protect you as possible."

"Fun," I mumble. "So, how did the king die?" I ask stiffly

"He was stabbed through the eye with a sword," she says very matter of factly. Something tells me she has no love for him. She showed no emotion. I feel something off putting about that. But then again, I didn't feel anything either.

"But if they were our allies...who exactly are our allies?" I ask, confused.

"Supposedly everyone, however, now I'm thinking no one." She says, suddenly looking tired. "And if we can't expect help for your protection, you had best hurry up, because I have a feeling that we will be attacked sooner rather than later."