chapter sixteen, tells

—chapter sixteen, tells!

"OH SHIT, MR LARUSSO, I am so sorry."

Robby rang Bowie as soon as he arrived at Miyagi-Do the next morning, and he raced over there to see the state Cobra Kai had left it in. Sure enough, the fences were covered in spray paint, the roof and trees had been strung up with toilet paper, and the doors and photo frames that once lined the dojo walls were shattered on the floor.

Mr LaRusso glanced over at the boy with sad eyes.

"I'm glad you're here, guys. All of you. It means a lot."

Along with Sam, Robby and Demetri, the two of them set to work reassembling the once-beautiful garden, Bowie tugging down the last pieces of toilet paper from the leaves as Mr Larusso straightened up the plants by the decking and the three other teens strained with the large rock that was toppled over by the fence.

"Are you guys lifting?" Demetri asked, panting as Bowie came over to join them, dusting his hands off on his joggers. "Because I feel like I'm doing nothing here."

"Forget it, all right?" Robby sighed, frustrated. "It's too heavy. We're gonna need a forklift."

"How'd they even knock it over?" Sam asked, exasperated.

"It's a lot easier to knock something down than it is to lift it up," Mr LaRusso called over from where he was crouched by the deck. "Don't worry. We'll get it up again."

"Uh, excuse me?" A voice came from by the dojo, and the five spun around to see a group of teenagers that Bowie recognised from the mall walking across the lawn. "Is this Miyagi-Do?"

Robby scowled harshly, glancing at Bowie, yet Mr LaRusso welcomed them in.

"Come back for another beating?" Robby snarked, storming towards them whilst the other three hung back.

"Hey, Robby. Robby!" Mr LaRusso gestured for him to stand down.

"This is one of the guys who was beating on Demetri. Probably helped trash the dojo."

"We didn't have anything to do with that," the guy at the front stepped in– Chris, if Bowie remembered correctly.

Robby scowled at him for a long moment, before Bowie placed their hand on his shoulder, and his eyes softened, stepping back slightly.

"But I am sorry about what happened at the mall. We just wanna learn Miyagi-Do karate."

"I'd be careful about this, Mr L," Demetri called. "Letting the Cobra Kais into Miyagi-Do– it's like letting the wildlings behind the wall."

"Didn't the wildlings help Jon Snow win the Battle of the Bastards?" Mr LaRusso responded, causing Demetri to scoff even though Bowie had absolutely no idea what they were talking about: "Should've picked a different analogy."