chapter 11

The crowd started to warm up to him, looking at their leader with trust. They still didn't like Atticus, but they did believe their leader would make the right choice for their nation. Atticus pulled his hand down and slowly backed up. Killian looked at him and turned.

"We shall take our leave; this meeting is adjourned." Killian turned and pulled Atticus into the room, he looked at the guard who was still standing by the door.

"You are dismissed." Killian ordered.

"But...sir?" the guard protested.

"no. Leave us. Thank you." Killian glared. The guard hurriedly left as Killian pulled Atticus onto the bed.

"Why? Why did you disobey me? You could have gotten hurt." Killian admonished.

"Because! I wanted to be near you and I better, that was what you wanted right?" Atticus turned away, facing away from Killian on the bed.

"don't turn away from me. I'm glad you're better, but I need to know how." Killian rubbed Atticus's back, coaxing him to turn back.

"I just wished to get better and then suddenly... I was better?" Atticus shrugged, looking turmoiled.

"Hmm. We will look into it more, right now, I am just glad you're better." Killian hugged Atticus.

"Thanks." Atticus said awkwardly. He hadn't planned for what he would do when he found Killian.

Atticus turned around and faced Killian, he laid back on the bed with a thump. Killian chuckled and laid back with him, smiling.

"So... I heard you found something interesting in here?" killian raised an eyebrow towards Atticus.

"Yeah. Kinda." Atticus confessed.

"Can you show it too me?" killian asked. "I'm curious what caught your eye."

Atticus blushed and stood up to retrieve the item in the far corner of the room, he looked around for a moment before picking up the dark dagger. The weapon had a leather sheath and an attachment strap to wrap around your waist, there were intricate patterns burned on it. The blade of the dagger was black. It had sharp points along the sides of it. he walked back to killian with the dagger. He held it out to killian.

Killian took the dagger and inspected it.

"This is a fine piece. If you like it, you may take it." Killian glanced up at Atticus, his eyes filled with an emotion unexplainable.

Atticus looked up from the dagger in Killian's hands, surprised.

"Really?" he asked quietly.

"I was going to get you something to protect yourself anyways, you just found it before I did." Killian smiled.

"Well... thank you. I do really like it." Atticus smiled at killian, he took the dagger out of his hand and set it down next to them. He looked at killian and hugged him, killian was surprised but hugged him back nonetheless, a feeling of intimacy in the air.

"Thank you killian. For everything. Saving me from aamon, making me feel better, gifting me safety..." Atticus buried his face into Killian's shoulder.

"I wanted to help you, Atticus. I don't know why, but I did." Killian admitted.

Atticus looked at killian, suddenly their lips met, joining the two. Killian groaned softly at the touch.

Atticus was slightly hurt when killian pushed him off.

"Atticus. As much as I enjoy doing this with you, you need time to heal from your experiences with aamon, it's not fair to you or me if a relationship between the two of us becomes... an excuse for what happened." Killian held Atticus's face.