chapter 24

Chapter 24

"Atticus?" killian groaned, he rolled over to hug Atticus's hidden body.

"Killian! I do not want to talk..." Atticus trembled. "you'll hate me."

"of course, I won't what makes you think that?" killian whispered.

"You were acting all...lovey-dovey with conner. You flirted with him, shared our bed with him, and invited him to our room. I know he is my friend, I just...I do not want to admit that the second you found another pretty thing, I got replaced." Atticus crossed his arms, tears streaming down his face as he quietly sobbed into the blankets.

"Atticus, I still love you. I do not think it is possible for me to not. I do think conner is quite nice, but I do hope you can understand that I will not replace you like that. If I wanted conner, I would still want you." killian hugged Atticus tight. "I still need you."

"you're not lying?" Atticus asked.

"of course not. If you want, we can talk with conner. I can guarantee that he likes you more than me anyway. I need to know him more before we get with him." killian smirked.

"We?" Atticus looked puzzled.

"Of course, I won't be with someone you don't like, you are my first, you are my everything. I expect support and criticism from you, where I don't others." Killian explained.

"You are my right hand."

"I never actually thought of it that way. I do understand that you are more...aggressive with everyone else, but I didn't think about that." Atticus rubbed his hands together, fidgeting.

"I'm sure you didn't. But for now, I want you to focus on being happy, and your education. You are starting a class soon, with a tutor. His name is Reese. He is from Iliya's realm, the fae realm. He will teach you everything from magic, to defense, to etiquette." Killian gestures to a packet sitting on his desk.

"I think its time you learn to be an individual, learning these kinds of things will help. I know you're more than a scared fallen angel, you are a dream demon. Something everyone wants but can't have. Own it. You are better than them." Killian lightly punched Atticus on the shoulder, seeing how awkward he looked in the moment.

"I still want to treat others well." Atticus said, resigned.

"And you can, but Atti, we are in hell. You also need to learn not to trust everyone. That's how Aamon and Meredith hurt you." Killian chuckled.

"Yeah. As always, you are right." Killian laughed at Atticus's submission; he could tell the boy was still shaken from their earlier conversation.

"Sure." Killian ruffled Atticus's hair. "I think we should go find Conner though, I haven't introduced him to our people, so if he went out of the castle he is going to get hurt." Killian stood up.

"Why didn't you lead with that! I don't want him to be hurt!" Atticus bolted towards the door, rushing killian out. Atticus pulled killian through the castle, his demon form shifting into view. Atticus felt his wings fluttering. He remembered from his memories that Conner liked to wander, and Atticus hoped Conner hadn't wandered outside the castle.

"Killian! Hurry!" Atticus whined.

"If you want to go faster, then we can fly. Go to that window. It's not fit for royalty to be sent his way, but for you I will do anything I suppose." Killian stretched before his wings burst out, his tail clattered back and forth. "Ready?"

Atticus nodded. He spread his wings and flew up, running into the wall above him. Atticus clutched his nose ad he felt blood drip down, drop by drop.