• ☾ Chapter 1 | Sunshine ☽ •

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• . _________________ . •

~ 3rd Person POV ~

The soft golden glow of the rising sun was seeping over the village. It seeped through the townspeople's curtains, it flowed through their windows and into their closed eyes, and it reflected off of mirrors and other glass objects. Although the sun was beautiful, and so were sun risings, it irratated many. One person it irratated was Shinobu Kochō.

The soft light of the sunrise seeped through her curtains and into her eyes, she grunted and opened them, groaning in both pain and annoyance as she pulled her pillow over her head. "The sun is so annoying!" she thought to herself. She groaned, still sleepy, the sun had woken her up, and she didn't want too. She grunted and crawled out from under her pillow and sat up, she caught someone in the corner of her eye, as she could see a bit of them. She turned her head and squeeked in suprise as she saw her younger sister, Kanao. She placed her hand over her chest and sighed in relief. "My! Kanao, you spooked me!" she said, and finished her statement with a giggle. Kanao jolted a bit, and sweat beads plastered onto her forhead, she felt bad and couldn't tell that Shinobu wasn't mad.. she frowned.
"O-Oh, I'm sorry nee - san.." Kanao said and looked down. Shinobu frowned aswell, she turned her body and her pale legs hung over the bed, her feet dropped to the floor and she could feel the dust touch the bottom of her feet. A soft smile curled onto her pink lips as she closed her eyes and waved her hands around in a motion.
"Nono! It's okay, hehe. Oh! Kanao, what time is it?" Shinobu asked. Kanao raised her head back up, she looked at Shinobu for a second, then blinked. "It's 7:45." "What!?" Shinobu shouted. Kanao was now the one who was spooked. Shinobu immedietly stood up and stumbled over to her wardrobe. She began to take out dresses and clothing, while Kanao sat on a chair beside her bed.

"Damnit, I'm gonna be late!" Shinobu mumbled to herself, she finally pulled out a dress, a nice dress! It was a laced dress, the color of snow. Lavender Sleeves drooping down with a poofy sleeve layer over the other one. A gray corset wrapped tightly around her waist, and the white poofy dress part coming out to her calves. Along with some black tights and ballet flat shoes, crème colored. She then made her way to her mirror, and sat down on her stool. Looking at her features in the mirror, elegant purple eyes, pink glossy lips, long eyelashes, rosy cheeks, fair skin, she smiled at herself, then noticed Kanao was still in the room. She didn't even notice her!
She turned her head to Kanao who sat on the chair, with her hands in her lap gripping onto her skirt. Shinobu plastered on a smile, which hid the worry on her face.
She was late to work, every day— except for the weekends, obviously— her and her sisters would go out to the village and would go to their stands where they sold hand-made items. Shinobu, was able to make medicines that worked and healed others, she was proud of her work and each day looked forward to going to work and selling her stuff, but now she was late, and she really had to get ready..