• ☾ Chapter 7 | Lily Pads ☽ •

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• . _________________ . •
~ 3rd Person POV ~

Autumn leaves drifted down from the thick branches of the trees. The leaves stuck into the ground, molding into the dirt, creating multiple pathways of leaves through the forest. The sun was setting behind the mountains, sinking into the horizon. The sky was like a painting, a canvas of red, orange, and yellow spreading throughout the sky. An evening breeze blew through the forest, shaking the leaves and leading to a cottage in the forest, Gyomei's cottage, where Shinobu was.

Shinobu's feet dangled off of her bed, her hands bowled together, the pearl and sapphire necklace in her palms. Her eyes were locked to it, it was stunning! Aswell as noticeably expensive. Her heart began to rapidly beat as she looked down at the necklace, the memory of him giving it to her lingered in her mind. She sighed, and fell back onto the matress, her body bounced a bit and she pressed her hands to her chest, with the necklace under her palms. "I wonder if he'll write back to me.. oh, I kinda want to see him now." she thought, closing her eyes and sighing again. Suddenly, her bedroom door opened, she immedietly sat up and looked over to see Kanae standing there. Kanae blinked, "Is something wrong? You looked panicked when I walked in." she asked, another sigh released Shinobu's pink lips as she sat up. "No, I was just— uh.. suprised that you walked in!" Shinobu defended. Kanae looked at her with a puzzled face for a few seconds, but then just giggled. She closed her door and walked over to Shinobu, sitting down onto the bed.
"Winter will be coming soon, I can't wait till' it snows!" Kanae said, her hands clapping together and her eyes twinkling more than ever. Shinobu nodded and looked outside the window, looking as leaves drifted from the trees. They got to expirience the beauty of nature due to living in the forest. A smile crossed her lips and she turned back to Kanae. "Yes, I'm excited for it too! We're gonna have to start collecting wood for the fire." she placed her hands into her lap, holding onto her wrist. Kanae also nodded at her statement, then released a sigh. "Winter is so beautiful, but it's quite a hasstle to prepare for." she said and looked up to the ceiling, the candle chandelier hanging down and creating a soft golden glow over her angelic face.

Shinobu agreed silently, nodding a bit and looked up to the chandelier aswell, eyes glued to its beauty. "Once winter comes, the pond outside will freeze. Do you think we'll be able to walk on it?" Shinobu asked, her tone soft and calm and her eyes glimmering from the light of the candle chandelier. The small moment was interupted when Kanae released a small chuckle.
Shinobu turned her head to Kanae, and raised a brow. Kanae's face was as soft and striking as ever, she had been blessed with the most angelic face. Fair skin, pink lips, long eyelashes, downturned eyes, glimmering amethyst eyes, rosy cheeks, absolutely stunning, the towns beauty! Which was the case with all of the four sisters. All had been said to be blessed by the gods for their beautiful faces and personalities. If the men in the town could, they'd propose. Kanae's eyes glared warmly into Shinobu's. "Perhaps! That would be fun, but all the fish would freeze under!" Kanae replied with a worried tone. Kanae seemed to worry about others a lot, which made it so she never really worried about herself.