• ☾ Chapter 4 | Blossom Eyes ☽ •

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• . _________________ . •
~ Shinobu's POV ~

It had been around three days since Tomioka - san walked me home. It was a kind gesture and I do deeply appreciate him for doing that. Only the day before I had learned that demons weren't myths or folklore and were actual real beings, who could destroy me if they wanted too.. I don't know what I would've done if I had walked alone, speaking of.. I'm suprised I've survived this long walking around in the dark. But then again, I do it with my sisters. Kanae, Kanao, and Aoi. And my father used to bring us around to keep us safe. Speaking of my father, Gyomei, I haven't been talking to him at all.

I'm sure it's immature and quite ridiculous to be angry at him for lying about.. such a simple thing. But I'm just.. suprised. My father is not the one to lie, especially not about something so serious. I do wonder if my biological parents were killed by demons.. I remember it ever so clearly. When I was only around eight years old, my sister and I, Kanae, went to go play outside. My adoptive father, Gyomei, came to us only hours after playing, telling us we'd have to come and live with him from now on. We were both skeptical and confused, not to mention scared, but agreed to it. Only a day later I had learned my parents had been killed. It took a toll on me as one could imagine. I've always had a small temper problem, but it began to grow after my parents death.. which was noticeable, even my sister noticed. Everyday I miss my parents. I miss their smiles, I miss their laughter, I miss their voices, I miss their food, I miss their touch.. I miss my parents. Gyomei has been a wonderful father, for sure! And I do love him with all my heart. I see him as a real father.. It just hurts that he's lied to us.

The fact he lied isn't the biggest problem either. I've been told by him that all the mysterious murders that have happened in the village were caused by humans. The people found in alleyways with their organs ripped up or straight up torn out were just by regular serial killers. One thing I've begun to worry about, and make me more angry, is how my sisters and I would be able to defend ourselves if we truly were alone with a demon. Would we have to just run and wait for help..? What would we do..? Maybe if my father told us sooner about the demons, we could've been taught how to somehow defend ourselves, but even now we have no idea what the demons look like and what abilities they have. Do they have super strength? Super speed? Do they have animal features like wings or horns? Thinking about them honestly scares me, and I don't usually get scared.. I always feel somewhat protected and safe. And even knowing two demon slayers, learning about the existence of demons worries me.

I sat at the dining table, jars with different types of spices, flowers, herbs, aswell as liquids and mixing tools. One jar of rosemary, one jar of cinnamon, another jar of vinegar, etc. I had very little medicine at the moment, tomorrow was Monday, and I'd be going to work. I needed to make more medicine.. I pinched some rosemary and put into a bottle, I then poured some vinegar in, I added a few different herbs and began to mix. According to my medical book I had spent so much yen on, this would create a medicine for sore throats.
I contuined to mix, and mix, and mix, till it turned into a green mucky liquid.. I needed a subject. Someone to test this on. But I didn't have one at the moment, I could ask my sisters if they had a sore throat, and then I'd use them as a subject. I took the medicine, which looked more like mud, the dark green sludge in the bottle bubbles a bit, I took it up to my room and put it onto my shelf. I went back downstairs, I'd have to clean up my mess afterall.