• ☾ Chapter 3 | A chat and a new friend! ☽ •

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• . _________________ . •

~ 3rd Persons POV ~

It was the next day, the day after that.. awkward dinner.
Giyuu had heard from Gyomei about the arguement between him and his daughters, mostly Shinobu. Which made Giyuu feel more like a useless burden, who only caused pain on others. Gyomei and Giyuu, the Stone Pillar and Water Pillar walked through a bamboo forest. Long, green, tall, fresh bamboo sticks popped out from the ground. Gyomei and Giyuu walked down the path, an awkward silence blocking them from properly conversing. Till' Giyuu spoke up, which was unlike him.

"I'm.. sorry that I caused that.." he said and raised his arm, scratching the back of his nape with his fingernails, scratching a bit deeper  to cause some sort of sting or pain as punishment on himself. Gyomei blinked and just looked down, not saying anything for a minute or two, which concerned Giyuu a bit. It was hard to know wheatter Gyomei was happy, angry, sad, or anything. His expression was usually just— sad, even if he wasn't. A large sigh left the tall man's lips. "It's okay.. they— well, mostly Shinobu, get that way sometimes. And I should've expected it.. I shouldn't have held that secret for so long.. I should've expected some sort of negative, angry reaction, I don't know when I would've told them the truth.. I can't blame you, it probably all would've happened eventually." He said. He clasped his hands together gently, and whispered prays to the Buddha and Gods above.

Giyuu looked down to the ground, watching as he stepped into the dirt, each step he took leaving a mark into the ground, a path of footsteps behind them, Gyomei's MUCH larger.

Giyuu couldn't help but feel bad about the whole situation with Gyomei and his daughters though. It felt depresssing that saying those simple words, lead to his daughter not even talking to him anymore. He was better off not speaking anyway, which is why he never did. It felt like every time he opened his mouth, something bad happened. And it hurt, it hurt that he caused problems for everyone. He sighed, and his dark eyes peered up to the large bamboo sticks. Soon, he didn't even realize it but they had stumbled into the village. It was already 5:00 though, so many people selling people in town were probably closing and packing up, while others would stay for atleast another hour or two. Giyuu zoomed out into his own thoughts, till' a voice filled his ears, and then his mind.

"Salmon Daikon! Salmon Daikon! Only a few left!"

Gyomie opened his mouth, about to speak, he looked over to Giyuu, and noticed he was gone. It wasn't like he could see he was gone, he was blind afterall! But even though he was blind, he was smart, and he knew how to identify things. He could tell Giyuu had ran off somewhere, but he didn't even really mind, it wasn't like they were paired on a mission or anything, they were just having a simple hang-out. And even Gyomei knew that Giyuu had a secret love for salmon daikon..