||Chapter 1: New Neighbours||

"Did you hear, Nicky?"
Nicky looked up from breakfast, still tired but interested in what his dad had to say,"Hm? Heard what?", Jay smiled, leaning against the counter,"Two families moved in, just a few minutes down the road.", Nicky blinked, that woke him a little,"Really?", "Two families, a large one and a small one.", Nicky nods, looking outside and seeing Aaron and Mya leaving their house,"Uhm, can I go out a play?", "Sure, your friends are probably waiting for ya.", so Nicky finished his breakfast, got a jumper on and trainers and left the house in a rush.

~

"You checking out the new Neighbours?"
"Yeah! Ike mentioned it and Dad mentioned a purple car driving in early this morning."
"A purple car sounds nice!"
Then they stopped near the bottom of the street and saw their new residents of Raven Brooks.

They saw a girl jumping around a man, presumably her dad as he carried a box inside the house, trying to get his attention as he walked inside.
A woman, their mom, looking tired as she carried some stuff in.
Oldest son, with a strange fox mask and looked like he was trying to be emo.
And then a smaller boy, hugging a golden bear as he sat in the car still.
"Should we. . .?"
"We can try talk to the one with the toy bear?"
So they slowly approach.

"Hi there."
Evan looked up, seeing 3 unknown kids in front of him,"Oh. . . Hi. . . Are you, uhm. . . Neighbours?", the girl nods,"Yeah, we heard there was going to be new Neighbours so we wanted to check it out.", she held her hand out,"I'm Mya, this is my older brother Aaron and our best friend Nicky.", Nicky gave a nod and Aaron did as well, 'older brother' huh. . . Though, he didn't want to be rude.
He shook her hand,"Hi. . . I'm Evan. . .", "Nice to meet you Evan, are they your sister and brother?", Evan nods,"Mhm. . . Micheal, is my older brother, and Elizabeth is my older sister. . .", Evan glanced at Micheal, who was still leaning against the car looking annoyed about the fact they had to move for their Dad's job.
"Well, we just wanted to welcome you guys to the Neighbourhood and if you want, we can give you a tour and play with us when you get settled in-"
"And. . . Who are you three."

Nicky, Aaron and Mya felt shivers go down their spines, seeing the looming shadow that had just appeared.
They turned around, met with Evan's dad.
He was a tall man, very thin and the clothes looked baggy on him but it was his face that struck fear.
His face was sunken, eyes sunken and he looked exhausted.
"Uuh. . ."
William scanned them, he recognised two of them as the children of The Famous Engineer Theodore Peterson.
"We were just. . . Welcoming your son to the Neighbourhood. . .?"
Nicky thought Mr Peterson was scary when he first met him, but this guy had another level of scary.
"I see. Well, come back round when we settle down more."
With that, they booked it back up the street.

~

"What was up with that guy?"
Aaron shrugged,"I dunno, he seems kind of sketchy, his whole family looked exhausted except for the sister, uh. . . Elizabeth was her name right?", Nicky shrugged,"Maybe they just had a long trip here.", Aaron nods, Mya too,"That's true.", still, there was something real off about the dad.

=

"Did you see the new Neighbours?"
Nicky nods, he had gone to work with his dad to help him carry some things,"Yeah, we met one of their kids.","Ah, that would be nice to new kids playing with you.", Jay passed the boxes on the counter, the bell rang and a man with a daughter of his own was inside holding a folder.
"Hello there, you looking for help?"
"Yes, sorry."
Jay shook hands with the man,"I'm Henry Emily, I was hoping to run an ad in The Banner and perhaps a Radio Announcement for a new Pizzeria.", Jay was interested, Henry continued as he handed Mr Roth the necessary documents,"I'm here with my Business Partner's family, we're temporarily living here to build a location here in Raven Brooks.", Jay nods, taking Henry into the main office to discuss the details.
. . .
Leaving Nicky with Henry's Daughter.
Nicky glanced away, rocking on his feet as the girl whistled softly.
This was awkward.
"Sssoooo. . . You're new?"
"Yeah. . ."
They glanced at each other, not knowing what to talk about since their dads were busy talking about work.
"Uhm. . . I'm Charlie Emily, guess we should start off with names, right?"
Charlie offered her hand,"Uhm, my hands are really cold: Fair warning.", Nicky smiled, shaking her hand,"Nicky Roth.", Nicky couldn't help but shudder as he came into contact with her hand.
She was freezing!
"See?"
"You weren't kidding."
That was the start of a conversation.

=

William walked along the porch of their new house.
"Will you be working with Mr Peterson, I heard he's pretty famous for his engineering."
William shook his head as he picked up glass of whisky.
"No, he and I are on different levels."
He saw Mr Peterson as too much of a family man like Henry, so he'd get in the way of things so best to keep him out of it.

~

Ike turned down the radio,"A Pizzeria being built? Like a Chucky Cheese.", Aaron shrugged,"Sounds pretty cool.", Mr Peterson nods, Mya put her plate in the sink,"Are you involved Dad, this does seem up your street?", Mr Peterson shook his head, folding the newspaper,"No, no; Rollercosters are more up my street, Mr Afton's technology is very advanced.", Mya oohed, nodding and understanding.
Diana smiled as she peered in the kitchen,"Well, Mya and Aaron: Make sure to make their kids feel welcomed to the Neighbourhood.", they nod, though their dad was scary.
He almost looked like a ghost or a Corpse.