||Chapter 6: A Normal Day||

The location became a huge hit, everyone liked it especially the kids.

~

"How do you do it?"
Mya looked up from her art project, seeing Elizabeth a few feet from her with her clown painting.
"Do what? Oil paints?"
She was using Oil Paints, drawing a picture of her doll; She wasn't as creative as her brother though.
"No. . . How do you get your dad, to look at you like that?"
Mya was surprised, Elizabeth stared at her and almost seemed to be staring into her soul, trying to get a read on her.
"Daddy, he's always busy with work and doesn't spend time with us even when he doesn't work."
. . .
Mya didn't know what to say, Elizabeth turned back to her painting,"Your dad was so happy to see you, picked you up and was happy to hear about your day. . .", Mya guessed the Afton Family wasn't a normal family, seemed like their dad was absent emotionally.
". . . Well, I dunno how to answer that. . . But, do you wanna come over and met my dad, I dunno if that helps.", Elizabeth was curious about the family, so she agreed and shook hands with Mya.

=

"You listen here you little brat!"
Aaron groaned, Bagger hitting his head against the locker was one thing but an older kid slamming his head and had him by the shirt.
"You can't look me in the damn eyes and tell me you didn't deserve that for bullying your little brother."
"I outta put your head in a damn animatronic mouth!"
Aaron and Michael glared at one another.

"Ow!"
Michael let Aaron go, gotten hit on the head with a baseball and down the hall he saw a girl with a ball and next to her a girl scout with a bag of more.
Michael glared at them, but he walked off and left Aaron be.
"You okay?"
"Yeah, he just hit my head against the locker."
Scout and Maritza helped him up, checking the back of his head.
"Here, I have an ice pack on me."
"Thanks Scout."

~

"Where did you get this all?"
Nicky shrugged,"Well, a kid from. . . One of my old schools, was selling it to get it off his hands and I bought it before I moved again.", Charlie turned to him,"One?", Nicky nods, waving his hand,"I move a lot, because of my mom and. . . I think, Raven Brooks might be the longest we've stayed not counting my hometown.", Charlie nods, admiring the tools Nicky had in the brown bag.
"What's your home town like?"
"Uhm, not as colourful as this place but I have some friends, I hope to see them again."
Nicky nods, Charlie showed him a picture of them.
"That's John, Jessica, Carlton, Marla and Lamar."
"They look like nice friends."
"Yeah, do you have pictures of your old friends?"
. . .
"No, I uh. . . I didn't have friends. . ."
Charlie was surprised, Nicky nods,"I was. . . The Weird Jewish Kid, that was alone with a smelly lunch.", Charlie patted him on the back,"Sorry.", "It's fine, I have a group of friends here so; I'd say I'm happiest here.", Charlie smiled.

=

"You understand?"
The Headmistress didn't think this would happen, having Mrs Afton and Mr Peterson in the same room but maybe she did but under better circumstances, not the Afton's eldest son slamming Mr Peterson's son's head against the locker.
Mrs Afton turned to Mr Peterson,"I am so, so sorry; I don't know what came over Michael.", Mr Peterson nods,"I understand that this may be because the other day, Aaron spiked his pizza for bullying your youngest. . . Evan, right?", Mrs Afton nods, The Headmistress clasps her hands together,"I'll give a warning to your son, since Aaron wasn't hurt too badly and got a bruise at best, probably because Finch and Maritza were there.", "SCOUT!", a voice yelled from somewhere outside.

~

Mrs Afton sat in the car, she turned to her son that refused to look at her.
"Michael. . . This is the 3rd time, you break into a weather station, you keep bullying your brother and then you pick on Mr Peterson's son."
"He spiked my pizza!"
"And why did he, dear?"
. . .
Michael turned away, grumbling as the car started,"I implore you dear, please don't get into any more trouble especially not fighting someone that isn't even your age or height.", Clara didn't want this to happen, she didn't want to get to get on the wrong side of Raven Brooks' people.
Especially not Mr Peterson, he might be nice but he was definitely a man that wasn't scared of a fight.