||Chapter 18: Disappeared||

Bark!
Bark!
Bark!

William cursed as he crawled away from the dogs that tore at his suit apart, three of them then fleeing with the head.
"Fk. . ."
William didn't think the kids would be this much of a hassle!
They were not. . . Normal kids.
They were smarter, stronger and didn't go down easily.
William felt his phone vibrate, he opened it and it was his wife telling him that they were ready to leave, and are just waiting for Micheal.
"Shit. . ."
He'd be back soon, but he wasn't sure how he was gonna explain the soot, burn marks and bite marks; It didn't matter, his family, Henry and wife knew better then to question him.
Those Raven Brook Kids Got Lucky.
. . .
Real Lucky.

~

"There ya go!"
The Caretaker took gloves from the police, putting them on and take the rabbit head from the mouth.
"You better pick up some DNA from this, blod sweat; I don't care, our kids lives were on the line."
Keith took it, nods and handed it to another cop to pick up anything.
"No glass?"
"No, we backed from window."
Ivan and Nicky were scanned for any cuts or remaining glass in their hair.

~

"Micheal Afton."
Micheal froze, seeing Norman standing there and in hand with a gun.
Norman tossed it over his shoulder,"No need to fret, this is for hunting. What are you doing back here, heard you skipped class.", Micheal huffed, leaning against the forest,"Doesn't matter to you. We're leaving to home, and I guess wanted to explore before I leave.", Norman sighed, shrugging,"Yeah, I see your point but this is private property, you can't be here.", Micheal rolled his eyes, he was about to storm off or probably ignore the man and go in there anyway, risk the gun and his parents.
"MICHEAL."
"Dad!?"
"Mr Afton."
William stumbled over, he looked like shit from being covered in soot, burned a little especially the clothes and was covered in bite marks.
"We're leaving; Now."
"What the fuck happened-?!"
"Dogs!"
William poked Norman hard in the chest,"Control those muts that you call children.", Norman glared at Afton, Micheal almost looked apologetic but was dragged by his father away.
. . .

=

"Sorry your last day had to end that way."
Chalrie smiled,"It's okay, I'm sorry you got caught up in the mess.", Nicky shrugged, Aaron chuckled,"We're use to it. . . And now we're probably not gonna be in school for a while.", Mya nods,"Our school did just blow up. And the Headmistress did resign.", Charlie smiled, guess they were use to trouble.
"But. . ."
Charlie handed two slips to them, one to Nicky and another to Aaron,"If you ever want to call me, I'd be happy to hear from you guys.", Nicky gave a thumbs up,"Great!", "Charlie, time to go!", Charlie turned to her head, hugging Aaron, Nicky and Mya one last time before running to the car.
"She was nice."
"Yeah! I hope we see her again!"
They waved by to the Emilys as they drove away.

~

"Hey, do we have any pins I can use, Dad?"
"Oh, here ya go Nerf."
Nicky raced upstairs, he was pin it to the board in his room.
He paused on the stairs.
There was a shadow. . . A shadow of a rabbit.
Nicky ahook his head, no that wasn't the rabbit it was just his head.
So he pushed open the door. . . And nothing.
Phew.
Sure he was gonna have nightmares for a while, but he was glad he got to meet The Emilys and his friends are safe.
Hope he sees Charlie again.

=

"They're gone. . ."
Afton was who they were looking for, but he must have escaped with the Emilys.
"Shit."

~

William kept his eyes on the road.
No one in car dared to ask William what happened to him, Elizabeth didn't make a peep, Micheal kept his eyes on the window, Evan hide his face in his toy and Mrs Afton bit her nail as she couldn't look her husband in the eyes.
. . .
His old suit was gone, it was falling apart but still; Guess he had to use those damn springlocks again.