Hyunjin- I Don't Have Parents

8 year old Y/n!

8 year old Y/n!

Y/n's Pov...

Miyeon: So are your parents coming for parent's night?

I shook my head softly.

Me: My brothers are coming. I don't have parents.

Miyeon: Well that sucks. That means you're an orphan. My mom said orphans are just kids their parents didn't want.

I ignored her and held my tears in, not wanting to make a scene.

When Jeongin dropped me off home before going to work, Hyunjin was sitting on the couch. He was going to be the only one home for the evening.

Hyunjin: Hey, princess! What do you wanna do tonight?

I shrugged my shoulders and went up to my room, pulling out my social studies packet. I did my packet, trying not to cry when my door opened. Hyunjin poked his head through.

Hyunjin: Can I come in?

I nodded and put my pencil down.

Hyunjin: Did something happen at school? You're not as jumpy as you usually are.

Me: D-Did mom and Appa w-want us before they died?

I let my tears fall and Hyunjin picked me up out of chair and sat down, placing me in his lap as he rocked me back and forth.

Hyunjin: Of course they did, princess. Where is this coming from?

Me: M-Miyeon said t-that I'm an or-orphan. And o-orphans are just kids who's parents d-didn't want them.

Hyunjin: Miyeon doesn't know what she's talking about. Mom and Appa loved all of us. There wasn't a single one of us that they didn't want, and especially you. They longed for a girl after eight boys, you know? And they had you, it was like we were complete.

Me: So, mom and appa did want us?

Hyunjin: More than anything. They died but that wasn't because they didn't want us. They loved us. Do you understand now?

I nodded as I hugged him tighter as he kissed me head.