I think you love him (chapter 3)

I tapped the table anxiously as I sat in the library located on the last Floor of the senior building.

I always had a two hours free period
Right before break and unlike other days, I was desperate for kunbi's presence.

I glanced over at Tracey who was searching for a novel from one of the shelves.I kept my gaze on her and saw how Tracey's face lit up as she pulled out a novel and skipped towards me.

"Guess what I found" Tracey said proudly as she gripped tight to the book like a trophy.

"What?" I rolled my eyes.

"This!" Tracey said dropping a karen kingsbury novel.

"The bridge" I said nonchalantly.

"Yes! Tracey's teeth shone

"I have read it before"

"Now you are just proud" Tracey announced and slumped into the chair beside me which made me giggle and slowly returned to my anxious, moody self.

"So what's on your mind baby girl " Tracey poked me.

I shrugged her off with a frown "Nothing "

"We both know it's a lie so spill the beans"

I giggled and sighed.

"Okay it's Kunbi!" I said feeling the blush rise to my cheeks.

"Ow the lover boy! What's new" Tracey said rolling her eyes.

I smacked my friend on her shoulder.

" hey what's that for?" Tracey blurted out. Eyeing me "well continue"

"So I don't know why I am so anxious to see him. Especially today."

"Hmmmm! Woooow" Tracey made cooing sounds.

"Kunbi is just sweet. You know as he was helping me knot my tie this morning he touched me and I felt something I have never felt before."

"Sparks? " Tracey asked excitedly

"Yes!" I blushed

"Did you say he helped you knot your tie?" Tracey said with a wink!

"Stop it!" I snapped and then smiled " yes he did...but I mean, the way he gives me attention, the fact we grew up together and you know? I feel like myself around him. I feel... what's the word? Happy! "

"Awwww" Tracey does a puppy dog face.

"Stop it tray, am serious! Even though I feel like myself around him, I also feel nervous. Excited and scared all at the same time. Is that even possible ?" I asked desperately.

"Well I guess? Tracey began " it's not like I am in love with someone to know that"

I am not in love with Kunbi. I am just fond of him, and I really like him."

"Ahan?" Tracey grunts "I Think you love him"

" okay I think I have a crush on him but not love "

"SUPER!!" Tracey screams and is immediately hushed by those reading around.
"Sorry! " she said aloud but in a hush tone.

"It's not super Tray. What if he doesn't like me back.."

"Of course he does. You are his best friend"

"Common you know what I mean"

"Yeah!"

"so? I am confused Tracey"

" kemi stop thinking about this too much okay? Just enjoy your friendship with Kunbi. What you both have is great and no doubt Kunbi is god damn handsome and hot"

I shot her a straight face

"Common! Kemi every girl likes Kunbi in this school. So just be his friend and see how things progress from there. okay?"

" Thanks Tracey" I said with an easy smile just as the bell rang. "Got to go dear" I said standing to my feet.

"Kemi wait!" Tracey called after me, over the noise of shuffling chairs and movements that had erupted in the library.

"Yeah? "

"You owe me your karen kingsbury collect as payment for the good advice"

I grinned at Tracey "sure thing"

I hurried out of the library down the stairs towards the field.
As I approached the field, I stopped by a window and stared at my reflection, smacking my lips together.

"Not bad for the afternoon" I thought as I backed away from the window and entered the field.
It was packed with students, gisting, laughing, eating... others were on a queue at the tuck shop buying snacks and drinks.

I carefully scanned the field before my eyes fell on Kunbi's buff body bent half way down as was laughing with a couple of his fiends.

Watching kunbi laugh Brought a smile to my lips and as I took him in admiration, Kunbi turned around and immediately spotted me.
He smiled and waved towards me and immediately I felt the butterflies In my tommy fly crazily.

I started towards him at the same time he jogged towards me and met me half way.

"Hey beautiful!" Kunbi said slinging his arms around my neck.

"Hey you!" I replied with a giggle as we started walking together towards his friends sitting at the beachiers just beside the tuck shops.

"So I call you beautiful and you can only come up with "hey you!" Huh? Pathetic!"
Kunbi teased.

"No Kunbi!" I grumbled

"Well, I am offended. Just because I am not him right? " Kunbi fakes hurt.

"Who is 'him'? " I  asked

"Common don't pretend to me. Felix of course"

"Argg!" I let out a frustrated grunt and laughed. " please just stop it okay?"

"Thank God you didn't deny it" Kunbi teased. Because of him I don't even have a chance with you? "

"What?" I paused before laughing again. Felix was an okay guy who had been asking me to be his girlfriend since Junior school. From the moment Kunbi found out, he had never stopped teasing me with it even if he clearly knew I  didn't like Felix.
Sometimes I wondered what he meant by 'its ruining his chances with me'? Was he joking ? Or was there an amount of truth in his statement? Was he considering Kunbi and Kemi together the same way I was? All these questions ran through and fro my mind as we walked towards his friends, his arms still tight around my neck.
All I could do for now was to enjoy the warmth I felt around him, breathe in his scent and relish in the sparks my body felt when I was close to him.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter? Thank you for reading.