Part 20

We tore into the hospital with so much speed and urgency, one would think we were rushing to say our last good byes to a loved one before they passed on.

"Daddy" I screamed as soon as we got to the private ward he was in. The ward was still the same except for the fact that it looked smaller with everyone in the room beaming with joy. I ran up to the bed and wrapped my arms around my dad who grunted a little at the pressure I pressed on him.

"Careful there honey, remember your dad just woke up" my mum said from across the bed were she was sitting.

"I thought I lost you" I said amidst sobs.

"But you didn't baby I am right here" my dad said lowly although his voice was cracked and sounded sore. I held on to him a little longer before I pulled back and wiped my tears with my sleeve.

"Common, give daddy a kiss"

I laughed before I leaned in and kissed him on his right cheek.

"How is school baby girl?" he asked.

I shook my head and laughed blinking back tears that still clouded my vision. "Fine dad. I will tell you all about it later"

"I think I want to hear about it now" He said.

"No darling I think you need to rest now." Mum chipped in

"But I have been in coma for about a week. If you ask me I think I should be out there playing football"

Everyone laughed at his statement and he too tried to smile despite the bandage on his left cheek.

"How is our miracle patient" a doctor said from the door way and everyone turned to him. He walked up to the bed so I had to leave for him to take a closer look at my dad. Kunbi reached out for my hand and squeezed it while giving me a big smile.

"I am so happy for your dad and I am sure my dad will be so glad too right mum?" Kunbi directed the last part of his statement to his mum.

"Yes, in fact he said he will come by after work."

The doctor checked my dad's pulse, his eyes, his temperature and some other things I didn't understand.

"Well, he is looking great and will soon be discharged, say in another week. However he needs to come by for regular check-up and physical therapy."

My mum and Kunbi's mum thanked the doctor as he left and soon we were busy catching my dad up to what had been happening. He laughed at several things and also brought up the idea of a picnic.

"Don't you think a picnic is too soon?" my mum asked a little worried "I think you are rushing things Darling."

"Nonsense! It will be nice to spend time with the family outdoors. You know, we could go to that garden we normally went to before we all got married."

"Which garden?" I asked but received an eye roll from my mum and a small smile from kunbi's

"See! The children will love it."

"Don't you think you are thinking too far? Let us focus on your recovery okay."

My dad smiled but decided not to press the idea as he looked weary with stress."

"You both should head home okay? You've got school tomorrow. I will soon be home as well" Kunbi's mum said.

I walked over to my mum, wrapping her in a big embrace. "Mum. Dad is back. He is finally back." I whispered over her shoulders.

"Yes baby, he is."

"I have something important to tell you mum. It's about God but that will be when you come home." I said immediately I pulled from the embrace. She looked curious and glanced at her friend Mrs. peters for an explanation before she nodded at me. "Okay baby. I can't wait to hear about what you have to say."

Soon after that, Kunbi and I were on our way out of the hospital as we walked hand in hand towards the car park. The driver was still waiting patiently for us and his smile widened seeing us approach.

"How is your dad?" he asked looking back toward us as we took our sit at the back.

"He is doing fine sir. In fact he is already planning a family picnic."

The driver chuckled softly "your dad is ever a cheerful man. I can see where you got your cheerfulness from."

I smiled while Kunbi scoffed "cheerful? You grumpy old woman"

"Hey!" I swatted his arm. "Take that back"

"No!"

"Take it back" I said with another swat.

"Ouch!!! No!!"

The driver just shook his head at us as he ignited the engine and drove towards the house. 

Hello everyone. I am done with my exams so i will be updating frequently.  Even though i still have my final year project to do, i will be very committed to updating everyday if possible. 

Guess what? i am starting another story today titled "In the spirit of Christmas".  I will be posting a chapter everyday so you could be rest assured there will be a continuous flow for that story. It will be on my profile so you could add it to you library and read. Thank you so much and YAYYY! Its December- my month. It Is 24 days to my birthday lol yeap! i am a Christmas baby. 

Okay have a great day cheers!