Bestie Chapter 4

Kunbi's POV

"The swimming tournament was only a week away and the pressure was weighing  hard on every one, especially me."  I thought as I  jogged into the swimming area and dashed for the showers before the coach spotted me .

I had earlier been with Kemi in the classroom chatting away, that I totally lost track of time .
I always felt that way with her,  it was like everything stopped while only both of us were trapped in our own world laughing and talking . It was simply timeless with Kemi around.
I smilled to myself as I  turned off the shower and quickly wore my swimming short,  a black leathery but elastic  material that hung tightly to my buttocks.

I stepped out of the shower area and stopped briefly at a large full length mirror before dashing out to join the line unnoticed.
Or so I thought before coach scott called out to me.

"20 minutes late  again Mr Peters!"  next time I would suspend you for 2 weeks" the couch finished his statement without looking at me.

"he is just bragging" I whispered to my closest friend Bill, Knowing that coach Scott was so fond of me.

"And I am not bragging" coach Scott added this time looking at me with an expression that read " yeah you could get punished too"

I sighed as I  walked towards the deep end of the pool and positioned myself for a dive in.

Before I took a dive, I felt eyes boring holes through me so I looked up to catch a group of girls that were giggling and waving at me ..
But none of that meant anything to me, just one person meant everything to me and I  scanned the little crowd until my eyes fell on Kemi talking with Tracey.

I kept my gaze on her until she turned and caught my eyes before I  waved at her.
Kemi blushed before she waved back at me with something in her eyes I took as admiration.

I still found her looking at me so I turned and posed like a super hot model which got her laughing and Tracey smirking a little bit.

Kemi laughed and pointed her two fingers at me making it look like a gun. She then fake a badass  face and mouthed "Pow pow"

At this I faked been shot and dropped into the water.

Kemi's  POV

"Kunbi was just ever playful and silly" I thought to myself still smiling and watching him swim.

"Snap out of your dream world miss" Tracey said snapping her fingers at me.

"Uh Huh !" I looked at my  friend trying had to hide my blush.

"You like Kunbi don't you?"  Tracey said pinching my arm a little.

"Hey! What's that for and I don't 'miss Tracey I know it all' " I said sarcastically, rubbing my arm.

"Whatever" Tracey rolled her eyes.

"He is so hot! Just look that that glorious body"  one girl named Trisha said watching kunbi

"Totally!" Another agreed

"I thought you liked Bill instead"  one fair girl with dipples asked Trisha

"No silly it's Kunbi and I am sure kemi wouldn't mind introducing us"  Trisha said looking at me.

"Huh? I said pretending like I didn't hear the whole conversation.

"I said I am sure you wouldn't mind introducing me to your best friend. Like he is just your best friend right?"

"Yeah! Of course he is" I replied nervously before shifting my weight from one leg to another.