Chapter 27

Her  eyes hidden underneath her long lashes... Her beautiful smile and laughter I loved so much.  Her lips... Gosh!  Her lips were-

"Kunbi!"

I blinked twice and then three times as I became conscious, and realised I was staring at my reflection in the boys locker room,  wearing only a Jersey shorts.

I touched my lips with my fingers, as mermories of how they touched Kemi's flooded my mind.  It was just a week ago.  A week of thinking about her,  a week of obsessing over how I felt... A week of-  I caught sight of a ball flying towards my head and I was able to turn around in time to catch it.
Some of my team mates cheered me for  my reflect while Bill glared at me.

"Where has your mind been these days? you just zoned out on me while I was talking to you."

"Is that why you threw a ball at me?"

"Well, you did catch it. "

"What if I didn't?"

He patted my back "Thank God you did. "

"To the field Now!!! We don't have all day to train." The coach shouted  and we started filing out.
I quickly threw my jersey on and put on my boots before following the team.

We had jogged  round the field and were doing drills when I spotted Kemi. She waved me over before she walked right back into the school premises.
She had been doing that these past  week, I observed she did not want to be around my friends and I.

"Hey!  What's up?" I said, once I jogged up to her.

"Are you done with practise? I am really tired and I still have my SAT and TOFEL  lessons by 5pm."

"You are coming back to school by 5pm?"

She frowned "No!  The private tutor is coming. Do you even listen to me when I talk to you? "

"I am sorry Kemi. " I quickly apologised to avoid any further arguements. We had both being edgy, despite the fact we were reconciled a week ago.

"What is going to happen now, I am not done training, infact we have not really started the practise."

"Can't you just leave early this time? "

"You know I can't. The football league is only two weeks away."

"And my SAT and TOFEL  is also 2 weeks away Kunbi.  I am tired and I need to go home." she raised her voice.

"Calm down Kemi.  Is not like I am doing this on purpose!" I said raising my voice as well.

"Well you are the reason why we are still in school at 4:10pm" she snapped.

"Okay relax..." I sighed " just give me 20 minutes and we will be out of here okay? "

"No.  I will wait. Just go for your practice."

"Are you sure? I could talk to the coach."

"No I will read in the mean time and tell mum to reschedule the lesson. "

"I feel terrible. This is your SAT." I tried to convince her. I did not like that she was sacrificing alot for me.

"It's fine. Now go you are smelling." she said with a smile and shooed me away.

"Thank you Kemi."

-------******--------

I watched as Kunbi jogged back to the football field before I started my for the library on the last floor of the academic building.
I was almost out of breath by the time I reached the last floor and was grateful the library was still open when I arrived.