Chapter 10

KEMI'S POV

Monday came by So quickly, I found it difficult keeping track of the activities over the weekend.

Assembly started and as we sang the national anthem I couldn't shake the floating feeling I had.
The anthem was over and the principal walked up the stage while we took our seats in the large assembly hall.

Glancing around the hall, I saw Trisha seating with her friends but unlike me, she was paying attention to the announcements the principal gave.
My mind went back to the swimming competition and how she almost ruined the day for me.. I couldn't help it anymore, I was feeling so protective of Kunbi, maybe even Jealous. He was my best friend and it should remain that way, nothing more!
But...

"Last Saturday one of our students made us proud..." the principal said breaking my thoughts. I knew he was about to call Kunbi out to honour him so I searched the crowd for him.

"...With a loud applaud let's welcome Kunbi Peters up the stage..." the principal continued as Kunbi walked up the stage.

He had his hair cut low and his uniform looked so smart on him. He was always so smart and handsome but today he looked amazing.
I sat up in my sit, taking him in as I felt the butterflies in my stomach fly. Maybe it was because we didn't come to school together that morning. My dad was traveling again so I was dropped off early to enable my mum take him to the airport.

"Whooo!" Trisha hailed loudly and clapped her hands smashing my flying butterflies.

"Could this assembly end sooner?"

--------♡♡♡♡--------
"Kemi "
I turned to see Kunbi approach me before he took a sit beside me. I had gotten him a bottle of coke and a cream coated doughnut which I handed to him.

"Ermm thanks let me pay you back for that " he said, reaching for his wallet.
I shot a grim look at him before I rolled my eyes and took a sip of my drink.

"What? I don't like you paying for me!"

" well, I don't like the way you always tease me but hey! We are still best friends" I shot back at him and he laughed.

"Thanks" he said before taking a bite from the doughnut.
I waved it off as nothing before getting down to the main gist.

"So it turns out Tracey likes Felix"

"WHAT!!" Kunbi exclaimed almost choking on his snack.

"I know!" I said giggling. " if I was eating when she told me, I am sure I would have choked too"

"But she hates him.. heck they hate each other!"

"Well apparently she really likes him"

After about a minute, Kunbi took a sip of his drink "so what's your plan?" He asked.

"I thought you would never ask" I said sarcastically.

"I know you and if I didn't ask you won't let me be" he said pointing a finger at me with a sly smile on his face.

"Okay we have to help them.." I began

"You mean, you have to help them" he corrected.

I rolled my eyes at him "WE! You and I! Kunbi and Kemi"

"Hmm I like the way Kunbi and Kemi sounds together" Kunbi said with a smirk

Knowing he was just trying to make fun of the situation I smacked his arm "FOCUS Mr! " I warned while he rubbed his arm.

"Fine!"

"So, we have to get him to see Tracey instead of me"

" How would we do that?"

"Well, I don't know, you?" I gave kunbi a puppy dog face.

"Me? How will I possible do that? Besides Felix likes you"

"I don't know, talk to him about Tracey and you know, the way you guys behave"

Kunbi laughed "guys like girls that are desirable"

"So you mean Tracey is not? " I raised an eyebrow at him.

"I didn't say that. All I am saying is get her to be more feminine you know, like you" he winked at me.

"But that's Tracey's style. We can't make her become someone else?"

"Well you can't make guys fall for someone else except she is more appealing" Kunbi retorted.

I sighed "Fine I will try and talk to her".

"Cool I will talk to Felix"

"Now that wasn't so bad.." I said nudging him at his side.

"Yeah Yeah! Common let's go" Kunbi said as he got to his feet and pulled me up to mine.

I was so happy we would finally be able to help Tracey if everything worked out the way we planned. The only challenge right now was to get Tracey to be girly, Knowing she wasn't so much of a girly girl.
I really had alot of work cut out for me!

As we walked back to class together, a couple of guys greeted kunbi while some girls waved.

"Nice hair cut by the way" I said facing Kunbi.

"Really? I feel it's too low." Kunbi touched his head lightly.

"Yes, it is something different and it's suits you"

"Hmm so you are definitely tripping" Kunbi said and I turned to see that smirk on his face.

"Please..." I stormed off.

"Hey don't forget I have foot ball practice today he called after me.

"Sure!" I called back

"Go to hell!" Tracey chirped in playfully as she joined me and we walked back to class.

I turned back to see Kunbi Eyeing her and I just laughed. I couldn't get enough of them.

"You and this your boyfriend" Tracey teased.

"He is not my boyfriend" I defended "Atleast not yet"

"Oooowwww!" Tracey cooed and I smiled.

"Talking about boyfriends, Kunbi agreed to talk to Felix"

"Really?" Tracey said sounding nervous "I hope he wouldn't say I.."

"Definitely not!" I said dismissing her fear

"But I need to talk to you about something"

"Okay? Tracey said taking a seat as we walked into a class .

"You are beautiful and trust me I love your swag, but I feel it will be really cool if you you know, become girly" I didn't like the idea of telling my friend to change who she was for anybody but I had to just say it, if it meant that it would get her the guy she wanted.

"You think so? " Tracey asked me

"well you could give it a try and see just how it will turn out. Otherwise, well.."
She nodded in agreement

"Kemi do you think this will work?" She asked with such hopefulness, my heart went out to her.

"Yes dear. I am positive it will" I told her and hugged her.
Still patting her back, I shut my eyes "I really do hope this will work out" I thought.