Breakout

Fitz 

"What just happened?"

Fitz snaps out of his daze "I don't know."

"Guys-"

"Did you read the person's mind?" Biana asks.

He facepalms himself. "No. Was that even a person?"

"Guys-"

"I think so. They must be a Vanisher and a Psionipath."

"Guys! There were two people. I saw them leap away." Linh interjects.

"We can figure that out later." Mr. Forkle says, "The Neverseen are over there."

They all suddenly remember that their enemies were lying on the floor, unconscious. Fitz starts to run towards them, stepping on some of them for revenge.

"Hail the Council." He directs. No one is listening though, they are all crowded around Dex. Fitz groans.

"Guys, we have a job to do."

"Shhhhhhh." 

He walks over to them and see Dex holding a note. It says:

Your welcome

We have a common enemy.

If you play your cards right, we can make a great team.

Don't mess this up.

- The Vanished

--Time Skip--

Dex POV

If they found out that I'm working with "The Vanished" then I could get in serious trouble. That is the reason Dex is sweating his pants off right now while the Council interrogates everyone.

"Mr. Dizznee?"

Dex snaps out of his daze. "Yeah?"

"It's your turn."

He gulps. 

"Where did you find the note?" Councillor Emery asks.

"By the tree where Linh said she saw the people leap away."

"You know, my first suspicion is that "The Vanished" is Keefe and Sophie." Mr. Forkle muses.

"But Sophie and Keefe can't vanish or create forcefields unless Sophie manifested more abilities," Fitz says the last part under his breath.

"You're just jealous she's more powerful than you!" Dex snaps. I'm aware that I'm making this conversation worse but I've had enough of Wonderboy.

"Excuse me?" Fitz glares.

"Oh stop that act. You messed up your relationship with her because of your pride, jealousy, and anger issues." Dex snaps.

Fitz grits his teeth and for a second Dex think he's going to tackle him but he just storms off to his room and slams the door.

Mr. Forkle clears his throat. "Well, let's get back on track." He looks very uncomfortable. "These Vanished people are obviously very powerful so I would recommend not doing anything until we know more. As for the Neverseen." He turns to the Council, "I think you should put them in Exile."

All of the Council nods their agreement. 

"We will figure out when we are going to move them. Team Valiant will be notified. They will be able to tell you." Councillor Emery says.

Mr. Forkle looks annoyed that he will not contacted directly but he let it slide.

With that everyone starts leaping away. Before Dex can go, Biana pulls him aside and whispers, "Thank you for standing up to Fitz. You're totally right. He didn't say anything back because I think he knows you're right."

He nods and pulls out his leaping crystal. "Oh and Biana? The Vanished is no one to be messed with."

One week later

Biana 

The Neverseen are being moved today and all of Team Valiant must be present. (except Sophie)

As we glittered into view of Eternalia, Biana suddenly has a feeling that something is going to go terribly wrong.

The Councillors emerge from the prison (??) with their bodyguards. The Neverseen members are all tied to chairs.

"Are they sedated?" Biana asks.

"Of course. With the best sedatives Elwin could provide." Councillor Bronte responds.

She thought she saw Fintan twitch but Biana must be imagining things because the next second Fintan was as still as a rock.

"Do we have to go into Exile?" Stina asks, clearly frightened at the idea.

"Yes, Ms. Heks. You must. I would say Ms. Foster will help you as she's been down there before but she's not here." Bronte says.

Oralie looks away, tears brimming in her eyes.

That's strange. I don't remember them being that close. Sophie usually looks mad when she sees Oralie.

"Okay, are you all set to go?" Emery asks.

"Yes." We all respond.

Right before Emery could hold up the crystal to the light, everything surrounding us goes up in flames.

Through the smoke, Biana could see Fintan burst out of his chair and rip a regular crystal away from Terik. "No!" She screams.

Fintan moves all his fellow Neverseen members together so that they're all touching and he raises the crystal to the light. Just like that, they're gone.

Everyone is doubled over coughing and hacking as the fire consumes us. Just then Linh storms out of one of the shops and blasts everything with water.

Once all the fires are put out she asks, "Are you all right?"

"They got away." Biana rasps.

"Who?" Linh asks.

"The Neverseen."

Linh pales and asks, "That was today?"

Biana nods and tries to brush off the dirt and ash off her dress.

The Council and the rest of Team Valiant are panicking.

"CALM DOWN!" Biana didn't realize she said it until everyone looked at her.

"There's nothing we can do now. We just have to wait until the next time The Neverseen attack. Maybe The Vanished will help us again."

She didn't wait for a response and lept to Everglen.

She ran into her room and slammed the door getting ready to sulk. She was getting ready to climb into her bed when Biana saw another note. This one said:

Wait until the next attack.

Hold them off.

We will take care of the rest.

- The Vanished

I think this was the longest chapter of this book. It took me hours to complete it. (Doing it during school). I hope you liked it.

Happy reading!

Rocker out