Rage-Fest Reunions

Sophie

Seeing the Councillors standing there made her feel furious. They said very hurtful things and they won't even apologize. She couldn't say the same thing for Grady and Edaline, though. They ran over to her and pulled her into a bone-crushing hug.

"We're so sorry, Sophie. For everything." Edaline whispered into her ear. Grady didn't say anything but the tears running down his face said enough.

Emery cleared his throat. "We are glad to have you back, Ms. Foster."

Sophie didn't believe that. Half of the Council were glaring at her. "That's it?"

Emery looked at her confused. "What do you mean?"

She scoffed. "No apology?"

Oralie stepped up. "You're right. We're sorry." The rest of the Council echoed her although Alina didn't look too happy. Sophie decided to call them out for it.

"Really? Because some of you don't look like it."

Keefe walked over to her and tried to come her down.

"No! I will not calm down. You heard what they said to me and you! They deserve it!" Sophie practically shouted.

"Sophie. When have you ever cared what The Council thinks. You are better than them, okay? You don't need an apology." Keefe whispered.

She visibly relaxed and turned to the Council. "I'll be at Havenfield if you need me. Not that I'll come running." 

--Time Skip--

Sophie flopped into the bed sighing in relief to be back in a gnomish bed. But she remembered that she needed to unpack and get settled back into her regular routine. As she got up, she heard a knock on her door.

"Come in."

Sandor poked his head through the crack in the door. "Ms. Foster, you have some visitors."

Must be her friends. "Send them in. Also, I'm sorry for running away again." Sophie looked down.

"It's quite alright."

His head retreated and her friends shuffled into the room. Sophie scanned the room for Keefe but he was nowhere to be found, so she went back to unpacking, not feeling comfortable to look any of her friends in the eyes.

Biana cleared her throat. "Sophie, we're so sorry."

"It's all right." She said without turning around.

"No, I don't think it is." Biana pushed back.

Fitz hasn't said anything and now everyone was looking at him.

"What?" He asked.

"Anything to say? You were the one talking to Keefe during his outburst." Dex asked.

Fitz rubbed the back of his neck. "I need to apologize to him. And Sophie, I really am sorry. I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't want to be my cognate anymore."

"Dex kept me updated and if you are sad enough to cry over me, that means you are a true friend." She said. As much as Sophie wanted to be mad at him, she couldn't. She knew Fitz had anger issues especially over her. He probably just jealous of Keefe because Sophie trusted and confided in him.

All of their eyes whipped over to Dex who was looking like he wanted to run away. Sophie realized her mistake when she saw this sight.

"Surprise?" Dex's voice quivered.

"That's how they knew when to come." Biana mused.

He looked like he wanted to say something but was cut off by Biana screaming "Girl Time!" She pushed all the boys out of the room and grabbed Linh and sat down on the bed.

Sophie was sure there would be questions about her and Keefe so she was calculating how to get out of there without he friends noticing. Sure, she had lots of power but Biana would probably chain her down to the bed if she tried to escape.

"Before you ask all the juicy questions, Biana." Linh gave her a pointed look. "I just want to say I'm sorry. You said you forgave us but I know it will take more time to heal."

Tears sprung to Sophie's eyes. "That's so sweet. The only one I haven't forgiven fully is Fitz. Keefe showed me the memory of what happened after I left." She explained.

Biana squealed. "You and Keefe."

Sophie went red. "Yeah."

"You' perfect for each other." Linh exclaimed.

"Thanks." Sophie mumbled. She wasn't used to talking about her love life with them. Suddenly, a though occurred to her.

"You're not mad that I'm not dating Fitz?" She blurted.

Biana looked startled. "No. I honestly think it's better that. Fitz is a jerk towards you. Also you and Keefe are perfect!" She practically sang.

After that, the girls talked for a long time until they remembered about the boys. As they headed down the stairs, Sophie tripped and she would have face planted into the floor if a strong pair of arms hadn't caught her.

She looked up and saw Keefe.

"Falling for me, Foster?"

"You wish." She retorted with a smile on her face. She then remembered that they weren't alone and looked up. She saw her friends giving her sappy smiles except for Fitz. He was glaring at Keefe.

The glare got even worse when Biana squealed and said. "You guys are so cute!" 

Sophie squirmed out of Keefe's grasp and sat on the couch. Unfortuantly, Keefe sat down beside her and wrapped an arm around her. She liked it but the glare Fitz was giving Keefe made her uncomfortable.

"Don't worry about him." Keefe whispered.

But all she could do was worry as Fitz stormed out of the room.

Hey guys! Little update: I decided to extend this book a little longer and make a sequel.

Happy reading!

Rocker out