The Sign

"Are you sure this is safe?" Dex's voice rang through the cave.

The Black Swan have not been listening to the Council since the attack on Havenfield. Mr. Forkle said they should not have been trying to trap The Vanished and should do it their way.

"Yes, Mr. Dizznee, this is safe." Mr. Forkle repeated for the tenth time that day.

"How do you know they are watching this place?" Fitz asks.

"I have a feeling something or someone will alert them." Mr. Forkle replied with a glance at Dex. Fortunately, no one noticed.

"Place it there," Biana instructed. Fitz put the note down which said:

Thank you for your help.

If they escape again, we will need you.

Give us a sign.

- The Black Swan

"Perfect!" Biana exclaimed proudly.

"Now we wait."

--Time Skip--

"Keefe. I think they're on to me." Dex said.

"How?"

"Well, we left a note in the cave and Mr. Forkle glanced at me when he said something or someone will alert you." He explained.

"It's okay Dex. If they get mad and insult you, you can just join The Vanished." Keefe joked. "And what is this about a note?"

"Oh yeah. They wanted to contact you. You should get it tomorrow. It's not a trap." Dex added quickly.

"Great." Keefe was about to end the call when Dex asked, "How's Sophie?"

"She's good. Did I tell you we're dating now?"

Dex's eyes widened in surprise.

"Congrats."

--Time Skip--

"Come on Foster." Keefe whispered.

"You're not the one who got kidnapped here." Sophie shot back.

Keefe looked down, "You're right, I'm sorry."

She felt a little bad for Keefe. It wasn't his fault that she still had flashbacks.

"It's okay, just give me a minute."

"If it helps, I could go get it alone." He offered.

Sophie took a deep breath. "I think that's a good idea."

Keefe nodded and walked into the cave, coming out a minute later with a scroll.

"What does it say?" Sophie asked.

"I didn't open it. I was going to wait till we're in London."

"Good idea."

--Time Skip--

Once they were back in their apartment, Keefe tore open the scroll and read it aloud.

"It says: Thank you for your help. If they escape again, we will need you. Give us a sign.- The Black Swan."

They were silent for a few minutes to let that sink in. Then Sophie says, "We must give them a sign."

"Okay."

"Tonight is Orem's light show, right?" Sophie asks.

"Yeah." Keefe answers.

"I can use my Flasher ability to show them our symbol." She says.