3

3th person pov:

The clock read 6.47am. The sun was shining through the thin curtains on Angelo's black curls, and the little boy slowly opened his eyes and looked at his window. He got enough rest and was happy he woke up seeing sun, not the dark basement where he used to spend all his time. Angelo walked up to the big window and stared at the garden. It was so big he couldn't see the end of it. The window was open a bit, and the summer wind was dancing into the boys' room. Angelo smiled, knowing that no one could see him, but he wanted to go out. The summer air was calling his name, and his first thought was jumping out the window, but he was too small to reach the handle. He got the urge to go to the bathroom, and there he did his business and brushed his teeth. Sir said it's important to brush teeth because he doesn't have money to take him to the dentist.

Stepping out of the bathroom, the window again caught Angelo's attention. Without thinking much about it, Angelo stepped out of his room and closed the door after him. He didn't know if any of his brothers were awake he didn't know if he was allowed to step out of his room. His main thought at the moment was to go to the garden. Soon, Angelo realized he didn't know where to go. Making many turns, he finally saw the steps that would take him to the first floor. He slowly and carefully got down and saw the door. He excitedly and quietly got to it and tried reaching the handle but couldn't. He wanted to cry. He felt like he was locked in the basement. Then he saw a chair close enough and put it into the right position, climbed on it, and finally pulled the handle. It was locked. He sighed, thinking he would never get out of this house, but suddenly, he felt wind touch his legs. He put the chair in the place where it was before and tried looking where the wind came from. It was the back door that led straight to the garden. Angelo ran through it but decided to close the door after him. He happily ran into the garden, smelling many flower scents and touching grass barefoot, just enjoying the summer for the first time ever.

At that moment, Alexander stepped out of the shower and was on his way to the kitchen when he saw the back door closed. 'I swear I left it open. The wind must've closed it. ' he thought and opened the door again to let some air into the house.

~

Angelo was discovering the garden for some time when he got tired and hot, so he found a big tree that was making a shadow. The boy sat down and leaned on it. On his little journey, he met many new things, but he wasn't sure what they were called. Now he was so far away into the garden that he couldn't see the house. He knew he had to go back so his brothers won't get mad, but he chose to be selfish and enjoy freedom.

"Angelo? Kiddo, what are you doing here?" Someone said, but Angelo didn't recognize the voice. Instead of his brothers, he saw a man in his 50s. He had a beard and messy brown hair, his hat was big and funny, and he was in blue pants and a grey shirt. Angelo got scared but didn't dare to move. "I'm Tony. The gardener. Nice to see you again! Alexander said your back, but I wasn't expecting to meet you so soon." Tony put out his hand for Angelo to shake, but the boy again was confused about this movement."You're supposed to shake it." Tony said and gently grabbed the smaller boys hand, put it into his, and shook it, squeezing it lightly. "People shake hands when they meet and introduce them to each other." Gardener said and smiled. He then took a place next to Angelo leaning on the tree. "Do you like this garden?" Tony asked, and Angelo shook his head.'Yes'. "It was your moms. She took care of it the most and cherished it a lot..." Gardener said. Angelo was surprised to hear something about his mom. He always wanted to have one because in all the books he has read, the character 'mom' was always the best person. Mom is someone who will stay with you when everyone leaves just because she is a mom and she will love no matter what. Every time Angelo had a bad day, he wished his mom would come and comfort him... but she never came.