11

Angelo woke up, and the first thing he noticed was that there was something white outside... White?

Even though his bed was the warmest place, his curiosity took over, so he stepped out of it and walked up to the window in his room. He got onto his tiptoes and looked outside.

Something white was falling from the sky, and the whole garden was white, too. After a while of staring, he went to the bathroom to do his little morning routine. After he had finished, he went outside his room, slightly shaking because he was feeling too cold.

Once he had stepped out of his room, he saw Evan standing by Elias door. "Eli, come out, please." Evan said calmly.

Angelo one day was informed that Elias went away, but not long after he was back. Uncle Dima was really mad and yelled at his brother. Alexander and Evan were trying to talk Dima into letting Elias do what he wanted, but he didn't even try listening. He took away Elias phone and started controlling him. He even moved into their house. That's why Elias had locked himself up most of the time.

"He's still not coming out?" Alexander asked, coming up by the stairs. "Oh! Good morning, Angelo! I was on my way to wake you up!" Alex said, smiling and coming up to Angelo, taking him into his arms. "Morning," the youngest boy said, smiling shyly.

"Why is it white outside?" Angelo asked. "It's snow. I guess you've never seen it before. We can go discover it out later." Alexander answered. "Mmm... I'm cold." Angelo said. He had trouble telling how he feels about something, but all his brothers assured it's important and they will always help.

"Oh yes, today the house is quite cold. Let's dress up warmer." Alexander started taking Angelo into the room when he spoke to Evan. "Evan, go eat yourself. I'm sure he'll come out later." Evan shot him a death glare. "Just don't brake the door, please." Alexander smiled.

The breakfast was unusually quiet. Elias was dragged out of the room eventually but didn't eat. He just sat angrily at the table. "Stop being angry." Uncle Dima said. Elias rolled his eyes. He started to get up to leave, but Dima slammed his hand on the table, startling everyone, and said angrily. "Sit back down and eat."

"No." Elias answered. "Don't talk back to me." Dima said. "Or what? Won't let me talk to my brothers?" Elias said. "Get over it! I said no, that means no."

"You're not my dad. Why should I listen to you? Are you allergic to seeing me happy?" Elias said and left the kitchen. Angry Dima got up and followed him.

Awkward silence filled the room. "Why... why is Uncle so mean to Eli?" Angelo asked. No one could answer. "Well... he just lives in the past..." Dominic said puttingsome more fruit into Angelos plate. Angelo titled his head to the side, confused. "I hope they'll make up soon. Uncle is starting to annoy me, to be honest." Evan said, taking a sip of his coffee.

Everyone agreed silently.

~

Later in the afternoon, Alexander, Dominic, and Daniel went outside to show Angelo winter. The first thing the little boy noticed was how cold it was.

He had felt how some days it got colder and colder, but today was too cold. Alexander had dressed him up with many layers of clothes, but his face was freezing.

The first thing Daniel did after stepping out of the house was trying to make a snowball and throw it at one of the brothers. But the snow wasn't ready for it to stick into a ball, but he still managed to get his brothers white. Angelo thought it's fun and tried throwing it on to someone too but managed to land it on Alexanders pants.

Hand in hand, Alex and Angelo took a walk around the garden that had changed its color completely. Small snowflakes were falling from the sky, and Angelo tried to catch them, but for some reason, he couldn't catch any.