Chapter 4: Arrival

Tuesday Morning:

"Shirts, check. Boots, check. Pants, check. Shorts, check. Cute stuff in case, check. Bras and underwear, check." I think I got everything I need. I've gone over my check list six times.

I can't believe this. I'm going to Jurassic World. This is it. I get to choose which animal to work with too. Choosing based off a list is not as personal as seeing the eggs and feeling pulled towards a species.

My flight leaves at 8:30 and it's 6:00A.M. right now. I need to leave if I'm going to make it to the airport in time.

Rushing out to the car with all my stuff, I load it quickly and tell my mom that we need to leave. She's going to drive me to the airport and then take the car home, seeing as I can't bring my car on a plane.

By the time we left the house and got to the airport, I had twenty-five minutes maximum to attempt to go through each security point and then to my gate.

The first check point was identification and ticket check. The officer glanced over my license and ticket and pointed me in the direction of the next check point. As I jogged over to it, I was taking off my shoes and all my metal belongings. I tossed them into a bin as soon as I saw one. The I put it on the counter to go through the scanner and got in the line for the detector thing. Once I got through it, i grabbed my stuff and ran.

I got to my gate with five minutes to spare before they started to load the people on. My mom of course worked out with Mr. Masrani that I would have first class seats. So I would get to go on before all the coach fliers.

The flight to Coasta Rica itself was pretty boring. I mean I did sleep for most of it. When the plane touched down, people began to get up and grab their stuff. I know better than to try and be first off, so I waited till I was the last one on the plane to grab my stuff and get off.

As I walked out of the gate, I followed the crowd of people to baggage claim and patiently waited. Or so everyone else would think I was. Inside I was a mess. Isla Nublar is literally like an hour away by helicopter and two by the ferry. I'll be in the creation lab of Jurassic World within the next like three hours.

After grabbing my bags, I went outside to hail a taxi. Although it wasn't necessary because standing outside with a sign for me was this tall red haired lady in an all white outfit.

I walked over to this lady and held out my hand. She shook my hand.

"Hi. I'm Charlie Degler. Nice to meet you.." I paused giving the lady the chance to say her name.

She smiled warmly at me. "Claire Dearing. Mr. Masrani asked me to come and pick you up. We will be taking the helicopter to the island." Claire Dearing huh?

"So you're the lady who didn't answer when I called a bunch of times?" She looked at me sheepishly and apologized explaining that she doesn't do well with answering random numbers unless Simon gives her a heads up.

The whole flight to the island, Claire and I talked about the park and ourselves and some other things. We really got to know each other.

As we neared the island, Claire began explaining where we were gin to go and some of the choices of dinosaurs I had. The closer we got, the more excited I felt. After one really big turn around a mountain the park came into perfect view.

Let me just tell you, it was beautiful. There was no other sight in the world that could compare to this one. There was a lake in the center where the kept the mososaurs. and it was set up similar to Epcot in Disney. The way that everything is centered around the lake.

"close your mouth, you might catch flies." Claire laughed at me from her seat. I giggled and threw the closest thing I could find at her. It happened to be a balled up piece of paper form the floor.

We had a pretty steady landing and from there we went off in pursuit of the creation lab.

"Do you have any ideas of what dinosaur you would like to work with yet?" Did I? I mean they had new Apatosaurs hatching, as well as Triceratops, a new Mososaur, and a few others. There was one though that just by name I was thinking about it.

"I haven't given it too much thought. There is one, but I'd rather go in open minded and see where God leads me." Claire nodded and on we went. To the creation lab.