Chapter 10: Getting to Know Owen

Walking into my bungalow, I see that Owen has already made himself comfortable on my couch with a beer in his hand. I enter my kitchen and skip over to my fridge. I open it and pull out a wine cooler, Jamaican Me Happy flavor by Seagram's Escapes. My favorite! 

"Are you going to come back in and explain or what?" Owen shouts. He literally is like ten feet away from me though. 

"Yes your majesty, I'm coming." 

"Hah that's what she said." (A/N I cracked up writing this, I'm soo sorry) Owen cracked up at his own joke and I have to admit, it was pretty funny. 

I went into my mini family room and sat down on a recliner that faces Owen. He casually sips his beer and stares at me. It's quite uncomfortable, but thrilling too. 

"Lay it on my T-Rex girl. Let me see what you really know about The Great Owen Grady." Is he challenging me?

"Well, Mr. I'm So Great, I happen to know a lot. Let's see..." Owen and I stayed up late talking about what I knew about him. We never got around to the "how" part though. 

**************

I woke up the next morning cuddled up on the floor. With Owen's arms around me. How we got in this position, I don't know and I can't tell you. But I'll tell you this, it feels so amazing. His biceps are huge and warm and pressed against me. Just thinking about this is making my mouth drool, and not from sleeping with my mouth open. 

I carefully remove his one arm from me and slide out of his grasp, rolling until I'm a few feet away. I need to breath my own air right now. I mean I just met the guy last night and he already has this effect on me. That is not okay with me. Maybe I can get Thea to 'talk' to him...

Getting up, I make my way to my room to change. Which reminds me... I don't have any socks. I need to go buy some, maybe I'll make Owen take me. I know what you're thinking though. 'Why doesn't she have socks?' Well, I forgot to pack them forever ago and I never got around to buying any more. Flipflops are my preferred footwear.

After changing, I make my way to the kitchen and pull out the carton of eggs and some milk. Scrambled eggs sound good right about now. I have mastered the art of cooking eggs with one arm too. The thought that I can cook one armed/handed makes me smile. It' s one of the few things I was able to learn how to do again. 

I cracked four eggs (like a pro) and mixed them in a bowl with some milk. Then I took out my frying pan, put a little butter on it, and turned on the stove. I poured in the egg mix and started scrambling. Geez, that sounds weird.

"Mmm, what is that smell?" A tired Owen walks into my-our kitchen. Our kitchen now. Wow, really weird. 

"I'm making breakfast. Hope you like scrambled eggs." I turn around and give him a small smile. "Good morning by the way." He chuckles and mumbles a "good morning" to me too. 

Next thing I know, Owen's arms are finding their way around my waist and holding me tight. Not good. Not good. 'Joy don't you dare make this a new memory!' I can already hear her laughing at me too. Boy, she can be pure evil, but all I can do is melt into his embrace. 

His breath is hot against my neck as his nose nudges my ear. He hums causing deep reverberations on my skin. What the hell is he doing to me?

"Owen.. stop." I murmur. He grunts, releases me and steps away. 

"Whhhyyy?" He whines. Wow, childish much?

"We literally met LAST NIGHT and this is already happening very quickly." I explain. "I know that I know a lot ABOUT you, but that doesn't mean that I actually know you." I finish cooking the eggs, taking is silence as he has no response. 

I make us both plates and put them on the table. 

"Where's the ketchup?" Ew. I point to the fridge and eat my own eggs. He gets up, goes to the fridge and comes back with the bottle of ketchup. He opens it and drowns his eggs. 

"Gosh, got enough yet?" Disgusted, I stand up and place my empty plate in the sink. He gives me a small laugh.

"There is no such thing as too much ketchup on your food."

"You make me want to puke, really badly." I laugh at him. There is seriously something wrong with this dude. 

Owen finished up his breakfast and got dressed for the day. While he did that, I watched some Parks and Recreation on NBC. It's a great show if you haven't seen it. 

Owen walks out of the bathroom, still fixing the collar of his shirt. He looks at me and I stand. 

"You ready to learn how to do your job?"