Chapter 9: Meet Owen, He's From the Navy

I got to Simon's office around five o'clock. I didn't even knock, I just went straight in. He was expecting me so what would it matter anyway?

"Charlie Degler. So good to see you! Please have a seat." Simon is always so excited to see me, it's a little creepy if I'm honest, but it's also kind of nice to know that someone cares for me that much. He's like a second dad to me. That means a lot because I haven't seen my mom or dad since I left. I don't think they even know about my incident yet, or that I'm the T-Rex trainer. Oops. 

I walked in and saw two men in the only two chairs that were there. Mr. Masrani saw this and laughed. He motioned for the younger guy to stand up. Well, he must not have liked that because he groaned and reluctantly got up. Laughing, I skipped over to the seat and plopped down. 

The guy in the other chair was a little older looking. He was chubby with gray hairs almost taking over his hair color. Something about this guy didn't sit right with me. 

"Charlie, this is Vic Hoskins. He works under an InGen program and is here to test the program with some animals to see if it could succeed." Program. What kind of program? Whatever, if he's going to be here for a while, I should probably play nice. 

"Charlie Degler. Nice to meet you." I gave him a false smile, while he gave me a chilling look. I involuntarily shivered and turned to face the other dude. I recognized him as the guy from my show. He was a lot nicer looking and I mean that in all ways. He has a slight stubble, but it looks amazing on him. He definitely has some muscles on him too. He was wearing a tattered vest though with a salmon shirt, board shorts, and sandals. 

Before my brain could process anything I shot out a question. 

"Are you gay?" Oh. My. God. No I did not just ask that. Tell me I'm dreaming. I have to be, especially if that gorgeous man is laughing with such a beautiful laugh. 

"Charlie!" exclaimed Simon. I blushed and mumbled a "sorry" to the guy. He just shrugged it off. 

"The name's Owen. Owen Grady. I'm from the Navy." I raised an eyebrow at him. 

"Was that supposed to impress me?" Owen laughed again and nodded. 

"A little bit T-Rex girl."

"Well if anything, you should be impressed by me." I smirked at him. He called me T-Rex girl. That's a new one. 

"And why is that?" He asked leaning against Mr. Masrani's desk and crossing his arms. An action I couldn't do. 

"Well..." I held up my little stub. "I'm the mother to a T-Rex and a survivor of an attack from her. Also.." I trailed off. Take the bait. Take it. C'mon Owen. 

"Also what?" Yes! He took it! 

"Well Mr. Grady, I know a lot about you already." Now he seemed genuinely confused. Simon smirked at Owen. He knows everything. By now, I've practically told him my whole life story. 

"Okay Charlie, you've had your fun. We need to get to business now. You and Owen can discuss things later. By the way, he's staying with you in your bungalow." What. Way to drop a bomb on me Simon. my bungalow is not prepared for visitors. 

Owen smirked at me and gave me a wink. I laughed at him, but we got down to work with Simon. 

*****************

Basically the point of the meeting was Simon telling me that Owen is now my shadow and that when I think he's ready, he will be the trainer to his own animals. I wonder what animals he'll work with. Most likely some kind of carnivore since that's what I'm working with. 

So apparently Owen has a motorcycle. I don't have a motor vehicle. I prefer to walk, but he doesn't want to hear it. 

"Just get on. C'mon I know where were going." He gives me a look that says "really?"

"But how will I hold on? As you can see, I have one arm." I hate using that excuse, even if it's not really an excuse. It hurts saying it out loud. 

"Guess you'll have to hold on to my waist REAL tight then. Come on, just get on. I don't bite." I groan. He won't leave me alone until I get on. I hop on the back of his motorcycle and laugh as I hear him mumble, "At least not much." He smiles back at me and he starts it up.

We rode back to my place in almost complete silence. When I say almost, I mean not at all. I couldn't stop screaming in fear of falling off. 

"Please don't ever make me do that again!" All this guy ever does is laugh. What the hell?

"I won't as long as you tell me what you know about me and how. I'll have a side of dinner with that too." He calls out behind him as he just gets off his bike and walks into my home. 

Oh please, do make your self at home, why don't ya?