Plan B

Watching the auction, Qin Rong couldn't help but sigh.

People were the same, fantasy world or not.

The auction had the kind of things that was to be expected. Priceless artifacts that had been 'acquired' from the previous owner. Endangered species that were probably going to end up either mounted on some guy's wall or served on a plate.

Then there were the people.

Some were foreigners. Most were young girls. A few were familiar as he had seen them on the arm of other members upon arriving. The girl Lord Kitum had brought with him was there as well.

They were all normal stuff that made Qin Rong's jaded heart ache and wished he could drown himself in mindless dramas.

It was a nice distraction.

Qin Rong watched quietly, noting the few times Xander raised his hand to bid. He knew it was only so he wouldn't seem suspicious but it irked him whenever he saw the man bid on a living person.

It really shouldn't. He'd seen worse things in his life.

A person didn't get to where he was without seeing some things.

He sighed, hating the path his thoughts were going down.

He came to get information on the possible sale of a fae from over a decade ago. To get that, he needed to get into the office of someone important.

He just had to wait a bit longer though.

The order of items was mixed so no one knew what would come next. Perhaps something living or a treasure. Whatever it was, Qin Rong was just waiting for a lull.

Only then would he-

His thoughts stopped when he spotted it. He felt a buzz in the air just as the drape covering the next item was revealed.

"Up next we have a lovely bracelet donated by a wealthy long-time member. Notice its unique luster and unknown script etched onto the inner part. While the material is unknown, it's noted to be cool to the touch and gives off a soothing feeling in the wearer. It was-"

Everything else she said was lost to the roar of anger flowing through his head. That bracelet!

That bracelet was definitely the one he'd worn when he died.

But it hadn't been on his person when he'd been transmigrated so why was it here? Was it a duplicate? If so, what connection could it have to his last mission? Was there even a connection to begin with?

Either way, he'd have to find out who offered it to the auction house.

It was way too much of a coincidence for it to show up here.

"Are you interested in the bracelet?" Xander whispered as the auctioneer attempted to coax the audience into bidding on the piece.

When compared to ancient lost treasures, and exotic beauties, a simple-looking bracelet like that was nothing to even sneer at so no one had even raised their hand yet.

"I'm more interested in who owned it before this." He replied honestly. "I'll find out later."

The auctioneer was just starting his last attempt to get just a bit more out of the item. Only one person had raised their hand but it was only the starting bid. It was barely worth bringing it out if it was sold at such a price.

The woman on stage sighed to herself, wondering if she would be punished for not getting more money for this item.

Just as she was about to declare the item sold for so little, another hand went up, offering 3 times the starting price.