Faerie Trap

Qin Rong froze, hoping he was just imagining things. There was no way he'd gotten so into eating that he failed to notice someone approaching. He was a mercenary!

"U-uh, excuse me?" A small voice called out, making the blue haired boy want to cry. He'd been caught by a damn child! He was a failure. "What are-"

Before another word could be said, Qin Rong jumped onto the table and ran, chicken leg in hand. There was no way he was going to miss out out meat.

"Wait, don't go!" The child called out, his light steps following after him. The two ran for a minute, with Qin Rong scaling the wall in seconds as the child called out to him. He wasn't sure what was said but refused to wait and see.

As the child stood there, staring up at the wall that the intruder had so easily climbed, tears formed in his eyes.

"Please don't leave me here all alone." He sniffed as he dejectedly returned to his table, the silence of the garden his only companion.

***

Elsewhere, Qin Rong was trying to catch his breath. He was relieved to have gotten some food but was disappointed he couldn't finish.

Moreover, he was kind of curious as to why there was such a large estate so deep in the wood like that. The house was western and large enough to house a good couple dozen people but why was it so remote?

Tossing the thought aside, he looked out from the treetops to find somewhere to go. He couldn't hide out in the woods forever and obviously can't learn anything about this land without interacting with anyone.

And he had to get some better clothes than the rags he was wearing.

Sometime later, he found himself in a small town and was a bit surprised. It was busy and dirty but definitely not China.

Was this some European type world? If so, it'd explain how different the buildings looked. They were tall and some had a weird shine to it.

Walking around, Qin Rong was careful to keep out of sight. He wasn't sure if the people after him had come to this town and he wasn't keen on being picked up by them. Who knows what they'd do after the caught him.

Peeking out an alleyway, he spotted some clothes hanging on someone's window sill. Pushing aside the guilt, he nimbly climbed up the wall and snagged them for himself. The food from before had given him some much needed energy.

After quickly changing into a simple outfit, he walked around, trying to find some means to get information. He was munching on the fruit he'd stolen from the house in the woods when he heard a loud crash.

Curiosity won over caution as he rushed over just in time to find quite the sight.

In the middle of the square was a large creature pulling a shimmering white wooden carriage. The creature wasn't a horse however. It was like a horse sized reptilian like creature that stood on two large legs and possessed small clawed arms.

A T-Rex?!

The t-rex was currently hiss-barking at a small child who had apparently gotten in the way of the carriage. As expected, the child was in tears as it did so, curling up into a ball. Before Qin Rong could even ask what was happening, a figure jumped from the carriage yelling profanities.

"Oi, get from there, you little brat." The short, very short, man yelled, his beard catching all the spittle his tirade produced. "I've got places to be."

Checking out the guy, he looked like an adult but his features were strange, as if he was carved from stone. Every step he took could be felt, as if the earth itself was responding to him. As the child continued to cry, the person in the carriage peeked out.