Normal Day

AN: It occurs to me that it was very cruel of me to publish this without at least 1 chapter. I mean, that description had me wanting to read this story and I'm the one whose writing it. As an apology for keeping you waiting, heres a long chapter. 

Enjoy.

******

"You second-lead-syndrome loser!" A young girl cried out, her words echoing far past the room she resided in.

"Oi, don't go acting like you don't fee the same way, Yanli." Lin An, an older woman stated, confident and sure as she spoke. "We both know compared to Se-Yeon, Min-Hyuk is a much better match for the female lead."

"Se-Yeon saw her first plus he even let himself get poisoned by the green tea bitch of a concubine, Yoo-Ri just to save her despite their fight." The girl countered, her heart thumping as she recalled the scene in vivid detail. "How much more manly and cool could he get?"

"Psh, like that's anything compared to General Se-Yeon. He also tossed aside his home and position to save Hae-Sook from that insidious bitch's plot to frame her for that murder." Lin An said, waving Yanli's counter like a fly. "Min-Hyuk was totally on that bitches side despite how much time the leads spent getting to know each other." The young girl slammed her hands on the table, greatly aggrieved at the older woman's words.

"It wasn't his fault! Eunuch Kwan had been sowing so many seeds of doubt that Min-Hyuk had no way of knowing what was true anymore!"

"Bullshit!" A third women, Han Ming, interjected. "That whole plotline was just a ruse to introduce a new love interest into the fold despite Min-Hyuk and Hae-Sook already being so close. Why else would General Se-Yeon have never shown up before that point?"

To those who listened to the conversation (cough-shipping war-cough), one might assume the women in question were arguing over a novel. One of those cheesy, dime a dozen novels about reborn female leads who travels back in time to become the most coveted woman by many men who, before that point, were content with literally no one else. But they would be wrong. The subject of their shipping war was of a worse form of degeneracy.

Serial dramas.

These women were major fans of a drama that had split the internet fan base in half. It turned sister against sister, mother against daughter and co-worker against co-worker. There are those who claim internet shipping wars were brutal but it was nothing compared to a face to face argument. Hands flew and words were said that made those of weaker hearts give up their ship in shame.

This is the scene that Lin Qin Rong walked in on. His male co-workers tried to warn him, telling him to take his break elsewhere or he'd end up being dragged into the dispute. Apparently, when a stalemate was met, it was policy to drag a man into the discussion, whether or not he'd watched the show. Ignoring their warning, cause his phone needed to be charged and the only outlet was in the breakroom, he walked in just as the three were about to get loud.

"Ah..." Qin Rong flinched as their gaze hit him, feeling cornered and somewhat regretting entering the room. "I...should just get going and leave you ladies t-

"Don't take another step! Tell us, who is a better fit for the female lead in {Under Summers Gaze}, Prince Min-Hyuk or General Se-Yeon?" They demanded, pinning him to the spot. While he wished he could just run, he knew there was no escape. He'd been painted with a target. Even if he ran now, they'd just corner him again and again until he answered.

"...Fine." He sighed, walking to sit between them. He needed to charge his phone anyway. He had an important call he was waiting for. The three women stared him down, waiting for his answer. "To be honest, I kind of like Min-Jun as her partner rather than General Se-Yeon or Prince Min-Hyuk." He stated, shocking the three women. Not really because of his knowledge of the show, but for his actual statement.