Good things come in Threes

AN: After much consideration and planning, I've managed to come up with a proper plot since my previous one derailed. It took some doing but this apple is very proud of herself.

*****

"What do you mean 'you're booked'?!" Qin Rong snapped, glaring daggers at the poor receptionist. In all honesty, it was good that he was only being glared at. Had it not been for Arthdal holding him back, the drunk fae might very well have jumped the desk.

"Shinei-san, please stop this." The towering man behind him pleaded, looking more exasperated than annoyed. This was the fifth brothel that'd come to that was fully booked and every time, he had to hold this guy back.

For someone so much smaller than me, this guy was surprisingly strong.

(AN: To those confused, Artie is referring to Qin Rong when he says Shinei. The characters for Qin Rong translate to Shinei apparently.)

Qin Rong, ignoring his good friend's words, continued to rage. "How is it that every damn place we go to if fucking booked!? There can't be that many lonely men in this city all of a sudden!"

Aren't you one of those lonely men? Both Arthdal and that receptionist thought, briefly making eye contact before glancing back at the blunette.

The receptionist could only sigh at his misfortune. He'd been forced to turn away dozens of customers already but what could he do? A very important person had reserved most of the surrounding brothels.

The money they were making was too good to pass up, even for regulars.

"My apologies, sir." He tried again, hoping for some understanding. "His highness has reserved most of the brothels for his men. If you like, I-"

"His highness?" Qin Rong interrupted, his voice rising as he grew more frustrated. "You mean I can't get laid cause some pussy ass prince can't just jerk off and-"

A hand slapped over the mercenary mouth as Arthdal cut in.

"And that's our cue to leave!" Arthdal pulled Qin Rong away, fearful of what the man might say. The fae had quite the mouth on him when sober but drunk, he dared to call prince 'a pussy'.

Ah, why must he suffer such a fate?

Some distance away, watching from afar, Xander leaned against the overhanging balcony. While the room was fairly noisy, how could he not hear his darling Fae's words towards him?

"He's still as candid as ever." He muttered, smiling softly as he watched the two.

The two men looked very familiar, the towering man holding Qin Rong like a sack as the latter sulked. It was clear they were comfortable with one another.

This dampened the prince's mood, disliking how casually this other person touched Qin Rong.

"Nik." He called out, his eyes remaining on the departing men as they traveled to the bar. The place was filled with his men and could be easily cleared out.

"Yes, brother?" Nik, ever the obedient, was never really far from his brother. Ever since he spotted something in the crowd, the younger of the two could see a tangible shift in his brother's mood.

He had to see what had caused it.

"Do me a favor. Do you see that tall man over there?" He pointed to Qin Rong's companion, who had placed the smaller man in one of the booths. "You know what to do, right?"

"Distract him?"

"En." He replied, not taking his eyes off the two. The taller man sat the fae down, leaving him by the bar as he said something. The drunk blunette waved him off, seemingly dismissing him.