Chapter 11

[ The Role Play ]

"Pa, can I borrow your spare razor later? Gagamitin namin sa play," I requested, a hopeful smile spreading across my face. My father, with a nod of approval, returned his attention to the newspaper.

F a s t f o r w a r d

From a distance, I could already see the hustle and bustle of my classmates.
I quickened my pace, eager to deliver the props I had in tow. Racing towards the front door, bustling massess were stirring to and fro. The air was charged with anticipation, a sea of students holding orderly papers and some rehearsing their lines with earnest determination. They were serious about this presentation, but that was nothing new. This is class one.

8:00am

Thirty minutes more.

Nahihilo ako sa mga kaklase kong kanina pa palakad-lakad sa harapan ko na may dala-dalang sari-saring gamit. My feet stretched out before me, sitting on Kiel's vacant chair. He was usually the early bird, but not today.

Scissors.

Make up kits.

Spoon and fork.

Knife.

Knife? Are they gonna do a killing act?

Plates.

Handcuffs.

Kaldero? Kulang nalang ang gas stove, magluluto na kami. I giggled at the idea.

Someone swept past me, a figure carrying a mannequin with purposeful determination.

"Ah, excuse me," it was Kiel. Halos lumuwa 'yung mga mata ko.

"What's with that get-up?" I couldn't help but point my index finger at him. Clad in a black, thin shirt paired with pajamas, it was a sight to behold. Nakapantulog ang hanep. I bit my lips, desperately covering my mouth with both hands, as every ounce of composure in my head fought to suppress an outburst of laughter.

Kiel's POV

Sinamaan ko ng tingin si Zero, I can say that she's dying to laugh out loud. Bakit ba kasi ganito yung suot ko?

F l a s h b a c k

Jamaica (Secretary 2-1)

Hello, Kiel Kennedy Langdon.

Tommorow will be our presentation about the common job of Filipino's.

Get to the point.
What's my role?

You'll be my baby ^^

Napagkasunduan yon ng buong grupo.
So no chance of turning back.

Wait!

What?!

Kagrupo nyo ako pero ba't 'di nyo ako binigyan ng pagkakataong tumutol.

Ha?

Hehe, ok na 'yan. We want to see you act as a child 'din kasi.

Hey! That's unfair.

Ah.

Anong 'ah'?

Ah-y don't care.

Gora na.

Wear something childish, handsome.

Diba? Napakalapastangan. At three o'clock, I'm already awake.

With my right arm draped above my chest, I found myself nibbling on my thumb nail, my eyes fixed on the contents of my closet. The brown tiles of my room felt cold under my feet. To my right, just a meter away, the open window ushered in a stream of fresh air, causing the royal blue-hued curtain to sway gently.