Chapter 4

[ She ]

Kiel's POV

As I entered our classroom, all eyes were on me. Oo na, alam ko namang gwapo ako, but you don't need to slap it on my face. I promptly took my seat and pulled out my phone, while sipping a chocolate drink through a straw. I noticed someone approaching in my peripheral vision. It was Anika, the green-eyed girl with thick glasses, walking briskly toward me. Her neatly tucked white long sleeve had two buttons undone. I averted my gaze slightly as she bent down in front of me, avoiding the sight of her cleavage. A member of the Brat Gang, Anika belonged to Class 2, even though it was apparent their brains were suited for the last section. Puro paganda lang ang inatupag. 

"Kiel," she stroked a finger through my hair while still bent down. Leave now, I might kick you.

Her other hand rested on her hips, supporting her posture. I moved my head para iwasan 'yung daliri n'ya na nagbabadyang haplusin ulit yung buhok ko. I continued sipping my drink until the last drop.

"Uhm, Kiel "

"Tumayo ka nga muna ng tuwid bago mo ituloy ang sasabihin mo," I interrupted her.

I noticed my classmates giggling.

"Sa tingin ko mangkukulam 'yung kaibigan mo," masungit n'yang sabi habang nakahawak sa bewang n'ya, now standing straight.

"You know what? You're just jealous, or it's more appropriate to say all of you are jealous of Zero." sabay tingin sa gawi nila Joana,"she's smart, pretty, and too clean to be compared to anyone in your group. Stop making baseless accusations against her. If anyone should be accused of witchcraft, it should be you. And your entire group." They never failed to awaken the beast in me. I dashed my finger toward the thin air heating inside the room now. I know it's nonsense to play ace on void words with them, but when it's about Zero, I am willing to waste my time defending her.

"Hindi kami maiinggit 'no? Tsaka kaya ko lang naman nasabi na mangkukulam 'yong bruha na 'yon dahil kanina, we know she's not alone" she said while fixing her greasy bangs. "And, Kiel. You Don't always need to stand on her side," she flirtatiously said, hovering her hand to my chin.

"Cut it!"  I pulled my chair backward to create distance from her. My blood was boiling because of this girl. Someone stop me, or I might punch her straight in the face.

"You can always have me whenever you want, baby" ayaw pa rin patinag. She stretched both of her arms presenting herself. I clutched my feet to stand from my seat. "Thanks," I changed my facial expression, I took a step close to her and smirked mischievously. She suddenly flashed a victory smile, looking intently at me. "But no thanks" her smiles sagged. I know I'm Anika's great crush. Since day one, she had kept a keen observation on me. That was obvious and clearly possible No one can resist my charm. She never failed to give me gifts, especially every Valentine's Day. She would force the whole class to participate in her effort to surprise me. But aside from that, I knew she wanted me because I was also smart.

I left her stiff body after throwing that line. Breathing in the fresh air outside, my head overstuffed with stress felt weightless.

Naipikit ko ang aking mata ng ilang segundo, sinusubukan kong pakalmahin ang sarili ko. I slowly opened my eyes feeling the sensation of peace, but that peace only lasted for seconds. Halos takasan ng kaluluwa ko ang aking katawang lupa dahil tumambad sa aking harapan ang pigura ng isang babae. She was the new classmate of Zero.

"H---Hi....." I wasn't sure whether that's the right word to start a conversation at the moment.

I extended my right hand to do a shake hand, but she just slid beside me "Yvonne," she briefly uttered. Binawi ko nalang ang kamay ko sabay lingon sa kanya. "You're Zero's friend, right?" Magsasalita pa sana ako ngunit inunahan n'ya ako. I just nodded in response. She was a stranger, but it felt surprisingly comfortable with her. She shifted her gaze to the field, leaning against the metal frame of the beam's edges supporting the building.

"How long have you been together?" she said without looking at me. Her fingers gently waved her full bangs.

"You mean 'been together as friends'" paglilinaw ko, "since the day that she was adopted by my uncle and aunt, that was approximately 14 years ago. Why?"

"Do you think you already know everything about her?" she asked, finally dashing a glance at me.

"Definitely, I'm confident about that. I can easily recount her favorites, fears, and the things she hates the most. The time she wakes up, the level of sugar she uses most of the time, the exact hour of the day when she rests and cuddles with her cat, th—"

"I mean, do you know her past?" she fired back, cutting my euphoric speech.

"Sure, she grew up in an orphanage...." I stopped when I couldn't grab any words to add.

"Her origin."

After a long time of dead air between us "N-no," I simply replied.

She let out a dismayed sigh. I felt sad because I realized that.... that I still don't know everything about Zero. Sh*t.

I found my way back to the shore of safety by the buzzing of my phone in my right pocket. My thoughts are drowning me again.

"Excuse me," I mouthed to Yvonne. My father, I mean the principal is on the other line of the phone.

*****

Someone's POV

Below the stairs, I overheard Yvonne and Kiel's conversation. Grin. They finally met each other, huh? And it seems like everything is going as planned. And Zero...she already met that man and Yvonne, they are th-----

I traced my way to hide myself as a pack of students approached, talking. They were headed to the direction of the staircase. If only I were allowed to take lives here, I would've done that a long time ago. I smiled a little as an idea crossed my mind. I might need to reveal myself soon. I know it won't be long until everything will be revealed, four of them will be mine soon.