Chapter 7

[ Unspoken Fears ]

The sun cast a gleaming glow along the corridors, revealing more details of the smooth glass surface of the windows in class 2-1 and the well-crafted metal chairs. Zero arrived early.

"Good morning, classmate!" Kiel snapped in front of Zero.

Seated on the armchair, Zero leisurely drummed her fingers on an open book, glancing at Kiel with a bored expression.

"Morning, Kiel" she replied wearing a forced smile for the sake of everyone looking at them.

"Nakauwi na ba sila tita sa bahay n'yo?" Kiel asked, adjusting his navy blue bag, which looked almost weightless from a distance.

"Not yet. They updated me that they'll be home tomorrow or the next day, I can manage living alone anyway" she said and winked.

"Dad told me that you can stay at our place if you want-"

"Sure, but maybe later" cutting off Kiel's statement, she fixed her black wavy hair and twirled it using her index finger. Kiel just smirked but admiration toward Zero was reflected in the indifferent spark in his eyes.

The young lady took a sharp turn headed to the main door of the room and made her way somewhere living Kiel in awe of her well-built figure helped by daily routine.

Buzz.

1 message from Zero

I'll get some water.

Would you like me to buy a drink for you.

Just my usual chocolate drink, kind spirit. HAHA.

Class 2-1 students started to enter their room and settle in their respective places. Kiel, waiting for Zero, noticed a familiar group of girls walking past their room obviously, waning their gaze looking for a prey.

Realizing they were his former classmates from Dash Two, he decided to follow them, but a tight grip on his arm stopped him.

"Papi, mag-uumpisa na ang klase maya maya. Stay, please," blinking his eye rapidly, dropping double meaning words, Jeremy gave his best to wear on his cutest face. 

Kiel pulled his wrist with a bit too much force. He bowed a little to apologize, feeling a bit awkward, but he couldn't shake off the urgency to head to the canteen located on the first floor.

Just in time. Kiel's widened eyes took in five figures standing forming a chain, Zero was on the other side, effortlessly carrying the small box of chocolate drink on her right hand. The scent of smoked meats, cooking spices, and vegetables from the university canteen filled the air. 

Eight figures stood outside the hall: five individuals from the Brat Gang, Kiel, Zero, and a man just inches away, behind Zero.

Kiel furrowed his brows in disbelief.

"This Gang doesn't really take my words seriously," he uttered fairly above a whisper, shaking his head.

Just as he was about to drag the group out of the way. Harries walked forward, standing squarely in front of Zero. She was shocked to see him again. Without hesitation, he walked as close as he could to the predators-turned-preys. He held on to Joana's chin. Behind him, Zero tried her best to peek over, he whispered something and suddenly....

"I CAN FEEL IT AGAIN! THE SAME AS THAT ON THE CANTEEN YESTERDAY!" she cried to the top of her lungs, sensing a growing feeling of terror. The next act was expected, they ricocheted and raced to the direction of the main gate.