Chapter 3

[ Handsome Armors ]

Zero's POV

I shot Kiel a blank stare. He jumped and ran as he caught the eye of our new classmate. Baliw na. She sported full bangs, had a fair complexion, and stood at around 5'6. Behind her big round glasses were pale blue eyes. To me, she's beautiful.

"Uh, maaari mo nang ipagpatuloy ang pagpapakilala, Binibini" ani Miss Manalastas na parang ikinagulat naman nya.

"Ah, hi everyone, I'm Yvonne Rein Reyes,18, a transfer from Grimmson University." She flashed a faint smile. I can feel an unusual aura from her. Akmang lalakad na sana s'ya papunta sa kanyang upuan, biglang tumayo si Alvin, class president namin.

"Yvonne, sorry, but may I know where Grimmson University is?" He glanced at our classmates, sparking whispers.

I turned seriously to her, but she seemed fixated on someone behind me. As I looked to see what or who had captured her attention, I almost fell off my chair. Another new face. I gave a slight nod to him, but he maintained a stern expression. Ibinalik ko na lamang ang tingin ko sa harap.

****

"Serve me the usual order, manang" I quietly waited for my order, scanning the entire canteen.

Just the usual setting, students are busy eating, chatting and other usual stuff that a student may do. My plate was served by our school canteen vendor. I was about to take another step with gaze fixed on the floor, when suddenly, five pairs of shoes blocked my way. I lazily lifted my chin to get a glimpse. I sighed, realizing it was the Brat Gang (with 5 members). Here on campus, they were called the Classy Single Ladies, but in reality, they weren't really single ladies. Tss.

I took another step forward, trying to ignore them, but the girl with pink lipstick, Joana, whom some called 'body princess,' stopped me with a bitchy look and arms crossed above her bulgy chest. Regardless of what they called her, to me, she was a reincarnated rabbit in human form. 

"What?" I lazily asked. They're wasting my time.

"Oh, we just want to have a taste from the plate of a class 1 student," Ericka flirtatiously barked out. What a dog. "I heard that the foods offered to class 1 students are much tastier than the foods sold to the usual students like us." She pointed her finger at my plate. They belonged to the second section not because they were good but because they sucked up to teachers. Poor creatures, how could fate have mercy on them, allowing them to live as humans? I just rolled my eyes, waving them away to the table, but....

*clang*

An eerie sound was created as I fell to the floor, my plate faced down. The food was jammed. This uncultured creatures are wasting food, the efforts of the farmers as well as those people who prepared the meal were all wasted! 

While I was trying to stand so that I can grab their hairs and tie it all together, Joana kicked my thigh.

Their laughter followed as I caressed the painful part. The rabbit aimed for another kick but after that, she moved back. Dazed, I looked up, a man, around 6'3, well-brushed hair, handsomely formed jawbone, and a masculine posture, had his hands gripped on Joana's right hand and Erika's left shoulder, they threw shocked stares at each other, and came running like mocked dogs. He's the new student in my class sitting behind me. 

He held out his hand to help me stand.

"Thank you" I shyly expressed. I didn't hear him say a thing. He just smiled a little. His hazel brown eyes glittered. "Oh, s-s-amahan mo nalang akong kumain, uhm libre ko, mag-order ka, kahit ano" sambit ko habang sinusubukang tanggalin 'yung awkwardness sa pagitan namin.

"No thanks, I don't eat human food."

"What did you just say?" furrowing my eyes a bit, playing it close to clarify his statement.

"Ah. Oh, nothing....I'll get going" hindi ko pa man naibubuka ang bibig ko para sana umalma ay nakaalis na s'ya, hinabol ko na lang s'ya ng naguguluhan kong tingin.

"Zero!" a familiar voice resounded behind me. If I have a gun in my pocket, I should've merrily shot every bullet to him.

"You startled me, asshole!" I did a light punch in his arm as I turned to his direction.

"Napakalayo kasi ng tingin mo. Nakaorder ka na?" he said with his humble smile sealed in his face, but I noticed that he lowered his stare from my hair to my chest. Blood rushed to my face when I recognized that he is staring at the direction of my boobs.

"Hey! Perv-"

"Nasaan 'yung badge mo?" he slashed my statement while pointing to my chest. Yumuko ako upang itago 'yung namumula kong mukha. What were you thinking, Zero!?

Kiel let out a knowing sigh while looking at something behind me. "Napagtrip'an ka na naman ng Gang na 'yon ano?" his eyes were directed to the toppled plate.

"Aish, don't mind them," I covered up knowing that he'll report it to their class advicer.

"Ah-" pain trailed up, napahawak ako sa binti ko. Agad akong inalalayan ni Kiel, his eyes filled with concern. Umiwas ako ng tingin nang sumulyap s'ya sa akin.

"Tsk! I'm fine, Kiel. You don't need to report them again, besides 'di naman ako gaanong nasaktan" a You-Can't-Convince-Me look was displayed in his eyes. Magsasalita pa sana ako nang bigla s'yang yumuko at....

"I'm sorry, Zero....." 

My stare softened.

"You don't need to say sorry, you don't need to back me up always, Kiel. 'Di naman na ako bata" I stretched out my arms as I aimed to caress his hair. 

Nakaupo na kami ngayon, we're at the third right table from the counter, nasa kabilang side ng table si Kiel.

"Kung kasama mo sana ako kanina..." he paused, diverting his eyes to me, "edi sana nailigtas ka ng kagwapuhan ko" nasapok ko s'ya dahil sa mga lumabas sa bunganga n'ya. Nagawa n'ya pa talagang magbiro. Napangiti ako ng bahagya habang tinititigan s'ya. At that moment, I felt thankful that I have Kiel Kennedy as my friend, no, as my brother, not by blood but by heart.

"O'order na ako ng pagkain, I'll take two sets of meal tagged under a class two student, 'wag ka magreklamo at nawawala 'yung badge mo." tumango na lamang ako.  Ibinaling ko ang aking pansin sa pintuan ng canteen. I noticed the Brat Gang standing and talking while pointing at me.

But aside from that, I saw an entertaining view, a young man has his hands lazily supporting his chin while sitting on the first chair from the canteen entrance, he's the man that helped me a few minutes ago. 'Di ko pala natanong ang pangalan n'ya. My brows curled as I noticed that he's alone.

"He's a lone man huh?" I muttered. He don't seem to be waiting for his order, he's just seatting there as if watching someone.That's strange.