Chapter 5

[ HELL-o ]

Zero's POV

Boredom strikes when you least expect it. I heaved a deep sigh.

2:20 pm

Our teacher should be here, he's already 20 minutes late. Flipping through the pages of the novel I was reading, I took a few deep breaths. Well, congrats Zero, you're about to finish a love story book. Placing my head on my paralleled arms on the chair desk, I lightly stamped my feet on the floor, creating a slow rhythm complementing my mood at the moment.

"Omhyghaaad, and'yan na sila siiiirrrr"

"Kaingay," I mumbled without lifting up my head.

The squeals were followed by another squeal. Until it grew into a deafening noise inside the room.

"Ano bang meron at 'di kayo matigil sa katitili?" singhal ko kay Audrey, 'yung katabi ko. Ginamit naman nito ang kan'yang nguso upang senyasan ako na tumingin sa harapan, tumingin ako habang nakapatong pa rin ang aking baba sa aking braso.

"Tss," I rolled my eyes.

"OMG, KIEEEEELLLLLL AAAAHHHH"

"Kiel, papiiiiiiii!"

The commotion stopped when our principal, Uncle-Dad Andrew, entered the room, he's my mom's big brother, I'm used calling him dad. He's a humble, dignified, fine man. Since Kiel is lucky to be a survivor sperm, he became a son of this successful man. I straightened from my sit.

"Good afternoon students, Kiel Kennedy Langdon will be your classmate starting today. He performed well not as my son, but as a student in the last semester, he successfully complied in every requirements to be considered and assessed for section acceleration. I sternly request everyone to treat him normally. Treat him as another student, not as a prince just because he's my son," he clasped his hands together while throwing a warning stare at Kiel, "Don't feed his pride," he jokingly said, ako lang yata ang natawa dahil nakatitig lang sila kay Kiel na wari'y nahuhumaling, "I hope that's clear, have a good day." Before leaving, Mr. Principal gave me a knowing look, and I smiled back at him.

"OMG KIEL ANAKAN MO AKOOOOO" I turned to the one who just spoke, surprisingly, that statement came from Jeremy Santos, our vice-president.

I can see the same reaction to my classmates, everyone was in total shock.

Actually, he's cute with an admirable mole in his left cheek, just below his eyes. Even so, how could I be interested to him if he shows no consideration towards girls. Well, today everything is clear.

After 3 seconds, he abruptly covered his mouth. Hoping that nothing really came out of his lips.

Napangisi nalang ako dahil hindi ko talaga inaasahan na malalaman kong bakla sya sa ganoong paraan.

"I'll be your seatmate from now on, Zero Elysha Uy," he said.

"I'm more regretful rather than thankful at the moment, Kiel," I sarcastically uttered.

Our room has an arrangement of 5 rows and 4 columns. Facing us, with the whiteboard behind your back, taking the perspective of a teacher, my seat can be located at the second column from right to left, fourth row. Behind me is the new student who helped me in the canteen; on my left is Yvonne, and on my right is Kiel since Audrey moved to the seat behind Kiel. There's no problem so far since I'm surrounded by quiet creatures during discussions. Kiel is a smart student; he listens well in class, and I can say that he deserves to be my classmate, he deserves to be in class 1.

Hours slipped quickly.

"Tara na umuwiiiiii!" suddenly leaping and tugging Ayesha and Andy in his arms, both are currently fixing their things. 

"Apakasaya mong hanep ka," usal ni Ayesha habang pilit na kumakalas sa braso ni Jeremy na ngiting tagumpay lamang ang sagot. He seemed to be so energetic today. Thanks to Kiel, I guess.  My classmates left the room one by one.

I'm still glued to my chair, lazily sitting, arms crossed, my left hand's fingers playing with my right arm's sleeve, and my feet straight with my heels tipped on the floor. I swept my eyes to the vacant seat beside me.

Flashback

"So the plants exposed to the sun are shorter in height compared to plants that aren't exposed to direct sunlight, this is due to t-" we followed the gaze of our Botany teacher, and it was headed towards the door. A shy figure took a step forward.

"Uhm, ma'am," fixing her glasses, she gulped, "may I excuse Kiel?"

Everyone's gaze was diverted to Kiel, who's wearing a clueless look.

"O-oh... I... I... the principal wants to excuse Kiel," she lifted both of her hands and shook it continuously as if clearing our misled ideas. Her face turned red as a tomato in embarrassment.

Everyone heaved a sigh in unison.

So that means I'll go home alone!  Crap.

******

I decided to leave the room at 17:15.

Walking in the corridors, the sound of my shoes echoed from end to end, creating an eerie atmosphere. Chills started to creep on my spine. The sound of shoes echoing was not coming from just a pair. I shook my head lightly and stopped walking, but the continuous slow taps of shoes resounded! What to do?!

Stiff, I closed my eyes and clenched my fist tightly, too afraid to turn around. At the back of my mind, I unconsciously prepared for the worst. The sweat that reached my lip tasted bitter. I tried to imagine the scene that in a second or three will definitely unfold.

Suddenly, the sound stopped from tapping. But that didn't diminish the fear that I felt because in a reason that I don't f*cking know, the shoe sound stopped just beside me!

"May you rest in peace, Zero," I barely muttered beneath my heavy breath.

"Hey," a masculine voice uttered.

All of a sudden, my legs felt light because the voice was familiar. I slowly opened my eyes, still managing to bravely maneuver my posture to the angle of my companion.

Few seconds had passed, and I still stood there in shock.

Really? This man again?