CHAPTER 7: TWO STRANGERS

THIRD PERSON POINT OF VIEW.

But the reality was starkly different now. The once vibrant university campus looks like haunted now. The laughter and cheers that used to echo through the halls were replaced by the terrifying growls of the undead. The once lively Friday nights were now filled with an eerie silence, broken only by the horrifying sounds of the zombies.

The buildings that once buzzed with activity stood empty and ravaged. The classrooms, once filled with eager students, were now stained with blood, the remnants of the outbreak. The once green and manicured lawns were now littered with discarded belongings and the remnants of the chaos that had ensued.

The smell of decay hung heavy in the air, a constant reminder of the horror that had befallen the campus.

The university's main square, once filled with music and laughter, now full of flesh-eating zombies. The twinkling fairy lights were replaced by the harsh glare of emergency lights, casting long, terrifying shadows.

The dorms, once filled with the sounds of camaraderie and friendship, were now silent. Doors were bolted shut, windows boarded up, each room a potential sanctuary against the relentless horde.

The joy and energy of the Friday nights were a distant memory, replaced by the constant fear and the fight for survival. Darra and Leigh's group held onto the hope, ready to fight another day, clinging to the memories of what once was, and what could be once again.

“Tingin n'yo meron pa kayang mga gaya natin sa labas?” tanong ni Amira.

“I hope so,” sagot naman ni Darra.

Two days have passed and they're still stuck inside the university.

Paubos na rin ang mga nakuha nilang pagkain at inumin. Nasa rooftop sila ng building #2 dahil hindi nila kakayanin kung ipipilit nilang dire-diretsong tahakin ang daan papunta sa likod ng university, kaya naman ng dagsain sila ng mga zombies ay pumasok sila sa loob ng building at umakyat sa rooftop nito, ngunit hindi naging madali ang kanilang pag-akyat dahil sa bawat palapag ay may sumasalubong sa kanilang infected.

Habang sa labas ng unibersidad ay ang buong Solaris na nagmukha nang haunted dahil wala sa ayos ang lahat. Usok ng mga nagbanggaang sasakyan, sunog gawa ng pambobomba ng mga dumadaang helicopter sa ibang bahagi ng Solaris, at makalat na kalsada.

The street was eerily quiet, the only sound that echoing was the soft shuffling of the undead as they roamed the abandoned buildings. The once-bustling shops and cafes were now boarded up, their windows shattered and their doors hanging off their hinges. The street lights flickered, casting an eerie glow over the deserted street.

The buildings were now nothing more than crumbling facades, their once vibrant colors now faded and peeling. The air was thick with the smell of decay, a constant reminder of the horror that had befallen the city.

As the woman in the black hoodie walked down the street, her footsteps echoing in the silence, she couldn't help but feel a sense of dread. Every shadow seemed to hold the promise of danger, every sound the threat of an attack.

Suddenly, she heard a low growling sound, and she froze. The woman could see movement in the shadows ahead of her, and her heart raced as she realized that a group of zombies were approaching.

She quickly scanned the area, searching for a place to hide and preparing her gun with silencer to defend herself.

As the zombies drew closer, she could see the hunger in their eyes, the desperation for flesh. She knew that she had to act fast if she wanted to survive.

With no other options, she took a deep breath and charged towards the zombies, hoping to catch them off guard. She put back in her hollister her gun and she rotate like a majorette the metal pipe she had found earlier, and felt a rush of adrenaline as it connected with the first zombie's head.

The fight was brutal and intense, but she managed to hold her own. Sge dodged and weaved, striking out with her weapon whenever she had the chance. She could feel her heart pounding in her chest, her breath coming in ragged gasps.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, the last zombie lay still on the ground. She stood there, panting and covered in sweat, feeling a sense of relief and triumph wash over her.

As she looked around the deserted street, she knew that this was just one battle in a long and grueling war. But she also knew that she had the strength and determination to keep fighting, to keep surviving, no matter what horrors lay ahead.

I need to get out of this shitty place as soon as possible if I don't want to turned into a flesh-eating fucking zombie. Turan n'ya sa kanyang isip.

“Nice moves” napalingon siya sa lalaking pumapalakpak sa hindi kalayuan habang nakasandal sa isang kotse.

“Who are you?” alertong sabi ng babae at agad na nilabas ang kanyang baril.

“Whoa, chill” nagtaas ng dalawang kamay ang lalaki.

Hindi n'ya makita ang mukha nito dahil nakasuot ito ng itim na, itim na leather jacket, at may tabing ang bibig at ilong nito. Tanging ang mga mata lang ng lalaki ang kanyang nakikita.

“Don't you dare move or I'll shoot you” banta n'ya nang makita tumayo ng maayos ang lalaki at humakbang ng isang beses.

“I'm not your enemy. Save your bullets for those fucking hungry animals” ani ng lalaki at walang takot na humkbang pa palapit.

“Stop! I said stop!” aniya ngunit ayaw paawat ng lalaki at tumigil lamang ito sa paglapit ng tumama na ang dulo ng baril sa kanyang dibdib.

“Are you also going to the border?" the man asked and ignored the gun pointed at him. "Let's go together, doon din naman ang punta ko” casual na sabi nito na tila ba matagal na silang magkakilala.

“I can go there alone” mataray na sabi ng babae at hindi pa rin binababa ang kanyang baril.

“I won't kill you, don't worry. In fact I will marry you once this pandemic ended” flirty ang tono ng boses nito.

“Marry your ass, bastard!” asik n'ya at naglakad na palayo sa lalaki. “Don't you dare follow me! I will shoot you for real this time!” banta n'ya at agad na tumigil sa paglalakad ang lalaki.

“Okay then, see you later, babe” kumindat ito at naglakad na sa kabilang direksyon.

A piece of shit! irita n'yang turan sa kaniyang isip at nagpatuloy na sa paglalakad.

A