CHAPTER 11: ABANDONED LABORATORY

THIRD PERSON POINT OF VIEW.

The air was thick with an eerie silence as the sun began to set, casting long, ominous shadows across the abandoned laboratory. This was the place where it all began, the ground zero of the zombie apocalypse. The once bustling hub of scientific discovery was now a desolate monument to mankind's hubris.

In the heart of the lab, Dr. Ria Fernandez stood, her heart pounding in her chest. She was a brilliant scientist, but nothing in her extensive education had prepared her for this. The lab was a mess, papers strewn about, glass beakers shattered, and the once sterile environment now tainted with the stench of decay.

"Is this where it all started?" a gruff voice echoed through the silence. It was her companion, a burly ex-military man named Gray. His eyes were hard, but there was a hint of fear in them. This was the belly of the beast, after all.

Ria nodded, her gaze fixed on the broken containment unit. "Yes, this is it. The virus was being studied here. It was supposed to be a breakthrough, a cure for death. But instead..." Her voice trailed off as she gestured around the ruined lab.

Gray grunted, his gaze following hers. "Instead, it brought about the end of the world."

Ngunit nagkakamali sila. Hindi palyadong cure ang ginawa ng mga scientist sa laboratoryong iyon. Kundi sadyang virus ito na uubos sa sangkatauhan.

There was a moment of silence as the weight of their situation sank in. They were standing at the epicenter of the apocalypse, surrounded by the remnants of a world that was no more.

"But we can still fix this," Ria said, her voice filled with determination. "We can find a cure. We can reverse this."

Sa kabila ng takot at pangamba ay mas nanaig pa rin ang determinasyon ni Ria na malutas ang epidemya.

Gray looked at her, his expression softening. "I hope you're right, Doc. For all our sake."

Kailangan nilang makabalik ng buhay sa government laboratory para sa paggawa ng cure sa virus na gawa ng mga baliw na scientist.

As they ventured deeper into the lab, the echoes of their footsteps a stark reminder of the life that once thrived here, they knew they were walking a dangerous path. But it was a path they had to take, for the sake of humanity's survival.

As they ventured deeper into the lab, the flickering fluorescent lights cast an eerie glow on the abandoned equipment. The silence was deafening, broken only by the occasional drip of water from a leaky pipe. The lab was a ghost of its former self, a chilling reminder of the world that once was.

Ria lead the way, her eyes scanning the room for any useful information. She stopped at a dusty computer terminal, its screen cracked but still faintly glowing. She wiped away the grime and began to navigate through the old files, her fingers flying over the keys.

"Find anything?" Gray asked, his voice echoing in the vast room.

"Maybe," Ria replied, her eyes never leaving the screen. "There's a lot of data here. It's going to take some time to sift through."

Gray nodded, his gaze wandering around the room. His eyes landed on a door at the far end of the lab, its surface marred by claw marks. "I'll check out the rest of the place. Be careful, Doc."

Ria nodded, her focus already back on the computer. As Gray ventured deeper into the lab, she couldn't shake off the feeling of dread that hung in the air. But she pushed it aside, focusing on the task at hand. They were here for a reason, and she was determined to find the answers they needed.

Meanwhile, Gray cautiously approached the door, his hand resting on the hilt of his knife. He pushed the door open, revealing a dark room beyond. As he stepped inside, his eyes widened in horror at the sight that greeted him.

The room was a mess, with overturned tables and broken glass everywhere. But what caught his attention was the large glass tank in the center, its surface cracked and empty. It was the containment unit for the virus, the epicenter of the outbreak.

As the reality of their situation sank in, Gray and Ria knew they were in a race against time. They had to find a cure, and fast. The fate of humanity rested in their hands.

Akmang hahahakbang na si Gray para tuluyang makapasok sa magulong kwarto nang pigilan s’ya ng kaluskos na nagmumula sa kinaroroonan ni Ria.

“Gray” tawag sa kanya ng kanyang kasama.

Sinenyasan n'ya itong huwag maingay bago walang ingay s'yang naglakad palapit dito.

“Yuko, doc!” alerto n'yang sabi sabay atake sa zombie na papalapit kay Ria.

Sinaksak ni Gray sa ulo ang zombie gamit ang kanyang kutsilyo.

“Are you okay?” Gray asked worriedly to Ria who was sitting on the floor and seemed to be upset.

“I think…so” mahinang sagot naman ni Ria bago n'ya tinanggap ang kamay ni Gray para tulungan s'yang makatayo.

“Get everything we need and let's leave this place bago pa tayo maging infected din” turan ni Gray na agad namang sinunod ni Ria.

Hinalungkat n'ya ang computer at sinaksak ang dalang flash drive para i-copy ang files na kailangan nila, habang si Gray naman ay muling binalikan ang magulong kwarto kanina.

Nang makapasok siya sa loob ng kwarto ay ang kulay pula st berdeng likido na nasa capsule ang nakaagaw ng kanyang pansin.

Agad niyang nilapitan ang mga ito para kunin at ilagay sa kanyang dalang Laboratory attaché case.

“I found some formulas in the room” tinuro niya ang kwarto na pinagkuhanan n’ya ng fomula.

“Na-copy ko na rin yung mga kailangang files. Let's go” ani naman ni Ria.

Sa pagpanhik nila palabas ng laboratory nakahanda sila sa pag-depensa kung sakaling may aatake man sa kanila.

At mukhang umaayon sa kanila ang pagkakataon dahil walang naging aberya at walang umatake sa kanila habang pabalik sila sa kanilang sasakyan pabalik sa government laboratory.

A