Southern Woman ( 1. )

Merry Christmas 🎅🏾

~

"Y/N! Get out of bed so the kids can open their presents!" You heard your mother yell at you before closing your door. You groaned as you got out of the bed and put on your slippers. It was Christmas morning and you were visiting your family for the holidays.

Due to your career, you left Tennessee and went to Colorado. It was the first time you had seen your family since the day you moved away, two years ago. While you were happy to see your family again, you always felt so annoyed by them. You never quite understood why you had to wake up just for presents.

After getting ready, you went downstairs and saw the children sitting near the tree. Once you came down, the children went crazy. They yanked open every gift, some of them weren't even theirs. You went to the kitchen and took one of the many pieces of bacon, grabbing your cup of coffee, you walked to the living room.

As you sat down, a gift was planted on your lap. Your eldest brother, Marcus, gave you the gift. Your family was big, a little too big actually. You had seven siblings, you were the youngest among all of them. They all had children, you had five nephews and four nieces. 

"What is this other than another dead squirrel?" You asked Marcus who laughed.

"Oh, the dead squirrel, I remember that." Your sister said as she opened her gifts. 

"Ah, a dead bird, better than a squirrel I guess." You said as you pulled out the dead blue jay, the bullet hole pierced the poor thing.

For years, your brother always found a way to terrorize you, and this was one of the many ways. He stopped scaring you with snakes in a can, he started to use real animals. Your family loved to hunt, but you weren't a fan of killing the smaller critters. Whatever little animal he caught, he wrapped up and gave to you.

"Well, we're going hunting, you wanna join?" Johnnie asked as he was suited in his hunting wear.

"Of course, hopefully we can catch a deer and have some vegetable deer soup." Odette said.

"Or just go catch some catfish and stop bringing those dead animals in my home!" Your mother complained.

~

"Look at that beauty." Marcus said as he held up the deer and you scoffed after getting a good look at it.

"I told you! It has no antlers, that is a doe. Stop killing the does please." You said to your brother who only sighed.

"Why can't we kill them again?" Odette asked.

"Because sometimes they can be pregnant during hunting, sometimes the population is low. Regardless, stop killing them." You explained, you were shocked that you were the youngest having to explain to the elders.

All of you stopped talking when you heard barking, it was the dog. "What is it Buck?" You asked as you walked over to him. You lightly pushed the dog out of the way to see what he was barking at. You were shocked by what you saw.

"Guys! It's a man over here!" You yelled at your siblings who all came over.

All seven of you stared at the man who looked annoyed even though he wasn't woke. His eyebrows were furrowed and his mouth frowned. You couldn't help but notice his eyes twitching. You all stepped back once you saw him open his eyes.

"Jesus! You startled us." Jane said as she held her heart.

"What are you doing out here? You know black bears roam these areas, trust me, you don't wanna get caught by one of them." Johnnie said as he showed his arm that was torn up.

"What the hell happened to you?" Odette asked.

"Remember when he got too close to those cubs back in 04'? That bear tore right through him, I hated having to kill a mother." You said to Odette.

"Anyway, you just can't be out this early in the morning, it's cold!" You said to the man who only rolled his eyes.

All of you watched as he got up and walked away, completely ignoring you. Marcus got beside him and began talking. "We aren't very okay with leaving the weak walking around in this weather!" He said to the man who turned around.

In the blink of an eye, Marcus was in the air. The man was holding up Marcus with just one arm, Jane immediately grabbed the man by his arm. "Let him go! He didn't mean it."

"Holy shit!" You said as you just watched the wild show.

~

"So your name is Yujiro?" You asked for the third time, his name seemed a little harder to pronounce.

"It sounds Asian." Jane said.

"He surely doesn't look Asian and his English is immaculate." Odette said.

"Being Asian doesn't mean he can't speak English doofus." Johnnie said.

"I think she meant that he speaks fluently, almost like he lives here or something." Marcus said

"Who the hell would willingly live in this state?" Van said.

"Clearly mama did" Percy said.

"Maybe she was born here just like the rest of us, dummy." Jackie said as she smacked Percy on the head.

While everyone was chatting amongst each other, Yujiro looked annoyed, more than he did before. You took notice of it and shushed everyone. "Hush cow brain." You said to Van who hadn't hushed up.

"Sorry for that, we are just so surprised by you!" You said to the man who raised an eyebrow.

"Why would I surprise you?" He asked.

"Your eyebrows!" You said.

"Those strong arms!" Van said

"The way you picked up Marcus!" Odette said.

They all found different things to list about him, while you only examined him. Something about him was so intimidating, he had this dark aura around him. 

"Well we were just about to have breakfast, feel free to eat." Your mother said to him as she placed an hand on his shoulder.

In the time span of five minutes, the man ran through most of the food given. He ate fast but he was elegant with it. Everyone stopped eating and just watched him chow down on his food, he noticed the stares but didn't care.

Soon the radio began to blare, scaring everyone. As everyone tuned in, they were surprised by what they heard. 

"Three days!?"

"I haven't seen a blizzard since I was a little girl!"

"I haven't seen snow since I was a little boy.!

A snow blizzard was coming and it wasn't gonna let up until Thursday. You turned around and looked at the man with a smile. "It seems like our guest will be staying a little longer than anticipated." You said.

~

.

.

.

Finished! I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

I rushed this one a bit but the romance will come in next chapter!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS! 🎄

PEACE!

~Q~