Royalty & Marriage (2.)

Are you enjoying days off from school?

~

Eight years later

~

You stared at the young boy who had a coy smile on his face as he looked down at the ground. Then, you looked at the other child who was crying as his new outfit was ruined by alcohol. 

"Empress, I apologize for the accident!" The woman exclaimed as her face was planted on the ground as she bowed. She heard how ruthless the empress can be, she could only pray she would be able to keep her head.

It was annoying, all of it. The small boy crying from his scruffy suit stained a blood red, a frantic mother who believes she has offended the empress, and your own son smiling as he watched the whole thing play out.

"Enough of the tears and begging. Boy, apologize for what you've done." The sudden demand had everyone surprised.

"Mother, he-" 

"I do not care what he did, the alcohol should have never been touched. I am no fool, no servant's child would dare touch wine they cannot replace. You slithered like a snake and touched the alcohol." You accused your son who was shocked.

"I didn't-"

"Now, you dare pin your mistakes onto another soul that you roped into your mess?  Are you truly my son?" You questioned as you snapped your fingers.

Your son was soon taken away from the kitchen by his personal servant, the boy grumbled and whined as he was carried away. You turned your attention back to the scared pair who couldn't find the courage to look you in the eye.

As you eyed the crying child, his mother quickly intervened and hugged him, shaking her head frantically. 

"While I am certainly displeased with this accident, I am not that displeased nor will I ever be."

"Maxim! Bring the boy new clothing from the tailor, be sure he finds what he desires." You ordered Maxim who bowed in response.

~

"Your majesty, you've received mail." The servant stated as you were given piles of letters that came from several noble families.

Only two letters with one name caught your eye, you picked up the letters and frowned. Two letters, both written by Yujiro Hanma, sent to you and your son. He hadn't come to see his child since the boy was in diapers. 

You were torn as to what you should do with the letters. You wanted to read them and find out what he could possibly want, another part of you just wanted to burn them as you wanted nothing to do with him.

"Mother!" You looked up when you heard your son run into the room.

"Yes Yuri?"

"The town folk are having another fair, can we attend?" He asked, you couldn't help but say yes to his smiling face.

His name was actually Akihito but you never called him that, you called him Yuri since it was the name you preferred. When you first had him, you didn't care about him at all. These days, he's been following you so you have to learn to like your own son.

"Your father has sent a letter to you, would you like to read it?" You asked the boy who nodded in excitement as you opened the letter. 

"I hope you can read it." You said as he handed him the letter which was written in rather odd handwriting, not to mention it was written in Japanese characters.