Royalty & Marriage

Hello

~

"Empress Catherine, a gentleman by the name of Yujiro Hanma has arrived." Your personal butler Maxim said.

"And who allowed him to come onto my land without notice?" You replied and Maxim sighed.

"Actually, your great-uncle sent him from Japan, we were not notified until now of his arrival." Maxim replied.

"Send him to the garden then, I assume he has sent the boy for my ladies in waiting." You replied as you set down your tea cup.

"Come ladies." You said as the women who were seated soon followed, all of them giggling from excitement of meeting this man.

You were Empress Y/N Catherine Kobliska, ruler of Zolotoy. While most land was ruled by men, this land was ruled by women.

Zolotoy was a land that was discovered nearly 270 years ago by the Russians, some drifted from Russia and claimed the land as their own. Men used to dominate the land until a war broke out between French Emperor, Napoleon Bonaparte. He wanted to rule the land but King Alekzander Kobliska fought back.

Then, a three-year war broke out between the two countries. Napoleon managed to wipe out a great majority of men in the war, leaving women behind. Since, women have ruled over the country. There have been over 32 rulers, 23 of them being women. You were the current ruler, unlike the previous rulers, you were making history. You were the first empress of the country. You were declared an Empress once you had influence over other countries. 

Women didn't have a variety of men to have children with, meaning that for a long time, men on the island would have kids with multiple women. You have recently managed to make a deal with several countries. France, Japan, and Russia all agreed to send over willingly men to have kids. It was like a curse, most women produced more girls than boys. Out of the hundreds of babies born, only a small portion are male.

Since you had influence in more than one country, you were deemed an empress. You had family in Japan, your great-uncle who was the prime minister. He randomly sent men over without notice, so you rarely cared when a new man came. Most men were coming to get the chance to wed one of the many beautiful women that existed in this country. A slim percentage of men came from influential families for a one-in-a-million chance of marrying you.

As you arrived, you noticed a man sitting down, enjoying a cigar while admiring the several flowers. Maxim accounted your presence to the man who stood up.

"Empress Y/N Kobliska!" Maxim said before he stepped beside you.

The red haired male bowed before taking your hand, he gave it a gentle kiss as his red eyes looked at you. His gesture was delicate, but his eyes held something lustful and rough.

"Mr. Hanma, please sit down. Ladies, take a stroll." You said to the ladies who gave the man a flirty look before walking away.

"Maxim, feel free to roam until I call upon you again." You said, dismissing Maxim.

"So, I'd recommend Lady Vera of the Chernoff House, her aunt is one of my mistresses." 

"Or Lady Eloise, she comes from France in search of a husband. She is very smart and her father owns the-'

"Empress Catherine, I've come for another reason." He interrupted her, she raised an eyebrow and took a bite of the cake before her. 

"I've come looking for a woman to bear my child, and live up to my expectations." He said and you smile.