Childish (1.)

Good Day

A heads up that this story happens to be about an aunt & nephew, not romance.

~

Everyone grouped around the casket, all of them staring down at the wood with sad eyes. Among the crowd of adults was a young man, who seemed confused. He knew everyone was sad and conflicted, yet his emotions didn't replicate theirs. 

The Unagi clan was in sorrow on this particular day, the day was only made worse from the cold rain that poured harshly. A woman had passed, not just any woman, the mother of the youngest clan member. 

Saori Unagi was in the prime of her life when she made the ill mistake of becoming too curious with the tangles of sex. She had fallen pregnant, the day she found out was the day she cried in shame. She soon overcame her shame and told her family what she had done. She wasn't surprised when she was shunned away, but it certainly hurt.

When she gave birth to a baby boy, she felt content. Although her son was quite aggressive, she did what she could to raise him. In just nine years, the young boy had blossomed into a little menace. Saori had fallen ill and only wished her child would turn out to be a fine young man, but her hopes were crushed.

Her death was painful to the clan, she was still family. While everyone cried, a young Yujiro could only stare in confusion at the casket. He was aware his mother passed, yet he didn't feel anything. No one would dare comfort the boy, they believed him to be bad luck. While they still considered Saori family, her offspring was considered a curse.

Little Yujiro was zoning out until he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned around and looked up at a tall woman who stood before him. For some reason, he felt threatened by her mere presence. She stared at him for a minute before she showed a toothy smile, even her teeth were strong.

"Little man, it's so pleasing to see you. I can see why your mother hid you away from me." You said as you grabbed his cheek, you were being gentle but you knew you were probably hurting him.

Yujiro continued to look at you with confusion, you raised your eyebrows before smiling. "What is wrong with me?" You asked herself before bending down.

"I'm your aunt, please feel free to call me by my maiden name, Allaband." You said as you shook his small hand. 

"I see you aren't much of a talker, that's fine. Your mother was the same way, she never talked with anyone. She could barely talk to her own father without stumbling over her words." You said as you laughed.

"Well, we can talk about your mother later, I think we should head home." You said as you picked up the child.

Everyone watched as you carried away the small child, they all looked at you in disgust. You could care less about looks, no one felt bold enough to say anything about it. Yujiro stared at you, he noticed that the death of your sister had little to no effect on you.

"Why aren't you crying?" He asked, you looked at him with a small smile.

"I guess you aren't mute then?  I have no reason to cry, I knew her death was coming long before any of them did. When I got the letter, I cried my heart out before I came. I have no tears left to cry." You said as you sat the child down in the car.

"Do you enjoy eating meat?" You asked Yujiro who nodded. 

"Good, that's all I keep at home." You whispered before driving away from the burial grounds that was full of crying family members.